"fake" Cream Cheese Filling? No Fridge Reqd?

Decorating By SaraClassic Updated 7 Apr 2009 , 1:11am by funcakes

SaraClassic Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:06pm
post #1 of 7

I know there is a cream cheese filling that does not need to be put in the fridge. Any info on it? Im assuming its a creamy flavored filling, but have you ever tasted or used it, I want the 411. It gets hot in FL and Im not to keen on using the real stuff unless its just a small dessert cake.

6 replies
brincess_b Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:26pm
post #2 of 7

earlene does cream cheese filling that doesnt need refridgerated. im pretty sure its on here- i dont have the link handy. and i think you can buy one as a sleeve filling too.
xx

SaraClassic Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:38pm
post #3 of 7

Yeah Im familiar with the sleeve, Jesters supply is close by and I get a lot from them but I was wondering about the recipe. I'll look for her's . Have you tasted one ?
Thanks !

foxymomma521 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:57pm
post #4 of 7

http://www.earlenescakes.com/icings.htm
Don't know if this is the one you're looking for...

SaraClassic Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:21pm
post #5 of 7

Great ! thumbs_up.gif Thanks, boosts my C.Cheese confidence! lol I'll try that out, I love CC icing and would love to make it more!

jonahsmom Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:38pm
post #6 of 7

I've used Earlene's cream cheese icing recipe. I really like it. It's not as "cream cheesy" as plain old cream cheese frosting, but it's not overpowering that way either. I think it's great!

funcakes Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 1:11am
post #7 of 7

I used the sleeve cream cheese filling in the sleeve for a wedding cake. It is processed so that it can be left out without refrigeration. I have read on line that you can use cream cheese recipe and the sugar will stop it from going bad, but I didn't want to take any chances on an indoor/outdoor summer, hot weather wedding.
I don't know if it tasted as "cream cheesy" as the scratch recipe, because my memory is gone and because I added chocolate chips and some other flavoring to it. Everyone LOVED it. Dark chocolate cake torted, cream cheese chocolate chip filling, chocolate ganache filling and a raspberry filling.

Purchased this online, kept the remains in the freezer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%