Xbox 360 Cake

Decorating By lisa01 Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 6:29pm by lisa01

lisa01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisa01 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:31pm
post #1 of 5

I NEED HELP MAKING A XBOX 360 CAKE FOR MY SON WHO WILL BE 12 THIS MONTH ON APRIL 23RD. I AM NEW AT DECORATING CAKES AND I AM CURRENTLY TAKE WILTONS CAKE DECORATING CLASSES I AM ABOUT TO START ON COARSE 3 THIS WEEK. I FOUND ONE RECEIPE ON IN THE GALLERY BUT I HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT COLORING THE FONDANT TO THE A DARK GREY . IF ANYONE HAS SUGGESTIONS PLEASE INFORM ME THIS WOULD MAKE HIS DAY SO SPECIAL.

THANK YOU

4 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:50pm
post #2 of 5

what exactly do you need help with? getting the fondant coloured should be pretty easy, just add a small bit of black colouring. id say the xbox is more of a light grey too!
if you look in the gallery there are quite a few examples of this cake, some have done the controllers out of rice krispie treats, which seems the easiest way!
and the box only needs a little bit of carving, so it should be fairly easy to do. good luck!
xx

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 5:06pm
post #3 of 5

Here is an XBOX 360 I made awhile back. I tinted the buttercream with the smallest amount of black to achieve the gray I wanted. As brincess_b stated, I also made the controller from rice krispie treats. That was covered in fondant. It was a fairly simple cake to make. PM me if you have any questions. HTH.

Cris icon_smile.gif
LL

lisa01 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 5

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!!

lisa01 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:29pm
post #5 of 5

THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH !!!!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%