Starting A Cake Club?

Decorating By VanillaBean7583 Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 4:31pm by tx_cupcake

VanillaBean7583 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 2

I'm a newbie to decorating and would like to rack up all the practice I can get. I thought maybe having a cake club would be a useful and fun way to get some practice done. It would be motivational, and we could give each other some pointers.

I searched for one in my area, but none exists. I thought maybe I could start my own.

I have no idea how to initiate this. Also, I'm self conscious because I'm so new at it.

I'm located in Wilmington, DE. If anyone is local and would like to join me for practice, let me know. Or if you have any good tips on finding fellow decorators in my area, I'd love to hear about that, too.

1 reply
tx_cupcake Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 2

You may want to create a thread entitled "Anyone Interested in a Wilmington DE Cake Club?", or something to that effect to attract CC members in your area.

Have you tried looking on for a cake club? You can also get with the employees at your local cake decorating store to find out if there is a club in your area that you aren't aware of. If there isn't, they may want to help you out in starting one.

I've started a cake group in my area just by finding interested people here on CC, so I'd definitely start here!

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%