Post Most Creative And Original Sheet Cakes

Decorating By jdelectables Updated 10 Apr 2009 , 2:49am by jdelectables

jdelectables Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 2:53pm
post #1 of 10

I am always stumped when I have an order for a sheet cake. I do not like to do them because I feel that my options are limited on the decorating. I thought it might be great to see some creative and inspiring sheet cakes. Please post those that you've seen and really liked or your own! Let the posting begin!

9 replies
juleebug Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 10

I loved this one (and the pic does not do it justice). I applied the icing in almost the same manner that you would paint on a canvas. The sky had blended shades of blues and white and the mountains had lots of raised textures. Also the water became increasingly more wavy as it went over the edge of the cake. As I said ALOT of detail was lost in the photo.

jdelectables Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 2:14am
post #3 of 10

juleebug, that is a great cake! I'll have to try that technique.

Certainly there are plenty more at there, peeps!

juleebug Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 2:33am
post #4 of 10

You got my curiosity going - here is a GORGEOUS one I found by searching "sheet cake" in the Galleries...

onebigdogmama Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 2:43am
post #5 of 10

Look at Cakery's gallery. I like her sheet cakes.

juleebug Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 4:10am
post #6 of 10
BCJean Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 4:37am
post #7 of 10
juleebug Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:26am
post #8 of 10

That Thanksgiving one is a HOOT! Awesome cake!

sahrow Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 2:39pm
post #9 of 10

I do a lot of hand drawn buttercream. I'm getting better at it all the time. *lol* I've started to wonder just how easy a frozen buttercream trnasfer actually is to do... that may save me time, but I just can't see it coming out as well as just drawing on the cake.

I made a sheet cake look like a book back in January. I just used fondant for the accents because ds really didn't want an all fondant covered cake.

Pics are in my profile.

jdelectables Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:49am
post #10 of 10

anymore out there???

Quote by @%username% on %date%