Help, Need Ideas For Cake Order

Decorating By brightbrats Updated 9 Apr 2009 , 7:52pm by clovely

brightbrats Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:32pm
post #1 of 8

I have a order in 2 weeks. She is all cowgirl. She'll be 21 and she came up with some pretty good ideas, just trying to figure out what to do and how. Can you help ?

O.K. She would possible like a cowboy hat with a cowboy and no shirt on coming out of the hat. So would it look right with the hat upside down and the man coming out, or right side up with the man somehow looking like he is coming out, leaning against it, or what.

Sorry, for all the questions, I just know you all have some awesome ideas so maybe you can help me out with this.

Also she only needs to feed 15 people, so it won't need to be very big.

Thanks for any and all help.

7 replies
all4cake Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:42pm
post #2 of 8 a rabbit or like a blowout? I'd go for they do those elmo/package/surprise-type cakes....

KitchenKat Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:50pm
post #3 of 8

I'd go for the blowout too. thumbs_up.gif

patty5 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 12:53am
post #4 of 8

blowout sound good to me!

clovely Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 6:09pm
post #5 of 8

If you've ever owned a nice hat, you know it's not a good idea to set it down "right side up" - it'll screw up the shape. Anytime you take a hat off and put it down, it really should be sitting on the crown - upside down so to speak. So I'd opt for the other way around. But I guess we're talking about a sheet cake rather than something 3D so it probably doesn't matter.

kimblyd Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 6:32pm
post #6 of 8

No sarcasm here whatsoever, this is really from my heart.

I love to see people who care about things like this and don't think it is silly to discuss it at length.

When I ask my friends and family for their opinions on cake design, they look at me like I am from outer space and say "whatever".

So thanks guys for caring! icon_biggrin.gif

As for the cake in question, I would have to go with blowout. That way you won't have to deal with an the empty space around your cowboy and you could also get away with only making a partial figure. JMO.

Y'all have a great day!

brightbrats Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 7:26pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks for all the input, but she's changed her mind on what she wants know. Go figure.

People think you can make a cake at the drop of a hat.

Oh well, I'll what and see what she comes up with now.

clovely Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 7:52pm
post #8 of 8

This 8" "you decide" might end up being a lot of trouble. :-/

Quote by @%username% on %date%