Do My Flowers Look

Decorating By grannys3angels Updated 7 Apr 2009 , 2:27am by grannys3angels

grannys3angels Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:24pm
post #1 of 16

good? is there anything I can do or need to do to make them better? I won't be using the pink one on the right bottom, it really doesn't look good at all. I haven't done a rose before with this much detailing. Only other rose I have done is ribbon roses, once and one small rose for a shoe.

The bride likes the Stephanotis flowers with the disco dust and she got Swarovski Crystals for me to put in the center of them...WOW! when the light hits these flowers they are beautiful, and her wedding is going to be outside. I found 2 shapes of these flowers, one's like I did and one's with a more rounded tip. The photo she send me of some wedding flowers, had the more pointed tip. Thank You so much Tutugirl for your advice and help on how you did yours. Her flowers are all so beautiful

She wants the color of the roses light pink and a light peachy color, which I think I got that. I'm just not sure if I got the look of a rose right or not. I used Edna's youtube video on roses, GREAT!!! video, Thanks for sharing Edna thumbs_up.gif Would love to have her and Tutugirls flower making skills icon_biggrin.gif

Any words of advice or comments on how to make them look better or improve their look, is more then welcome! I still have time to make more if I need to. Thanks for looking.
God Bless,
Sharon
LL

15 replies
mclaren Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:44pm
post #2 of 16

i love the pink ones, they look great.

AngD Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:51pm
post #3 of 16

They look beautiful, great job!

Brownie1954 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 16

The flowers look great.....I like the pink color too. icon_biggrin.gif

all4cake Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 2:00pm
post #5 of 16

I think they look beautiful. All together, I think it's gonna be a gorgeous display.

grannys3angels Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 2:20pm
post #6 of 16

Thank You so much for taking the time to look and reply, I am greatful!

I was thinking about adding more petals to the peachy roses, but not sure yet. This cake is for my best friends daughter, who is like one of my own. It will also be my 2nd. wedding cake, 1st. was done for my sister 27 years ago with BC roses.

Thanks again everyone for your replys and comments. They all do mean a lot to me thumbs_up.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

kakeladi Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 2:31pm
post #7 of 16

Looking goodicon_smile.gif
I would suggest some more 'tweaking' to the petals but by now they must be dry.
On the peach ones it looks like you forgot to wrap the center w/a petal icon_sad.gif Go ahead & add another row of petals to them and give those more movement; pinch them in different places so each looks a bit differnt.
Then, I suggest you get some petal or luster dust and brush the tips of each petal. If you don't have dusts, you can use chalk icon_smile.gif Rub the chalk on a piece of rough surface paper to create dust, then use a dry art brush to apply to petals.

juleebug Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 2:48pm
post #8 of 16

They are beautiful. I love the glitter you used on the calyx.

grannys3angels Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 3:08pm
post #9 of 16

THANK YOU! so much kakeladi, for your advice and helpful information.
I do have some petal dust in the pink and peachy colors, but I order them way to light and I tried on one that didn't turn out very well and they are just to light.

So, the information about using the chalk is very useful for me thumbs_up.gif Now just have to see if my granddaughter is willing to share her new chalk, she just got Sat. icon_lol.gif

Here is a photo of 2 pinks I did Sat. trying to put more of the point to them, and a closer shot of the peachy ones. Thank goodness for CC Members, their tips, advice and imformation...you all rock! Thankgoodness, I have time to work on these more.

God Bless,
Sharon
ummm, after looking at this photo, I can see were improvements are needed? Wish me luck everyone icon_smile.gif

Thank You, juleebug for your nice comment. I copy them after Tutugirls stephanotis flower. She used a calyx cutter to get her look, but hers are so much more prettier. Hers are just like the ones the bride wants, the shape that is. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1267255
LL

juleebug Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 3:24pm
post #10 of 16

Oh...they're stephanotis! ...and I almost commented what a shame it would be that they would be mostly hidden underneath the roses. dunce.gif

grannys3angels Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 3:35pm
post #11 of 16

icon_lol.gif Oh hun your "NOT" a dunce.gif ...should have seen me...the wedding flowers that the bride show me, look like Tutugirls, but the cutters I got for stephanotis flowers were not like that when I used lol.

Soooo, I was going nuts, because really I seem them done 2 different ways. I knew the bride wanted them with kind of the point, so I IM Tutugirl asking her how she did hers.

God Bless,
Sharon

kakeladi Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:32pm
post #12 of 16

And the next time you make roses: add 3 petals rather tightly wrapped around that center one as if they are just starting to open before you start letting the other petals 'open'.
I like how you gave the pink ones pinches & rolled some edgesicon_smile.gif To me that helps make them look more real.

queenie1958 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:07pm
post #13 of 16

Love the darker pink ones for sure.
More petals looks better

grannys3angels Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:12pm
post #14 of 16

Thank You so much Lynne for your help and advice, it means a lot to me thumbs_up.gif

Thank You also queenie1958, for your sweet comments icon_smile.gif

I will for sure be doing more of the roses this week, I hope they will turn out much better then the one's I have all ready done.

Thanks again everyrone for your time, replys and help thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

cylstrial Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:30pm
post #15 of 16

I think they look great! And you will just get better and better as you make more of them.
Truth be told, I hate to make flowers. I need to learn to like making them. =o)

grannys3angels Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 2:27am
post #16 of 16

Thank You very much cylstrial for the nice comments on the roses.

I have enjoy doing them, but do have to say at times, catch myself saying what in the world were you thinking, when you agree to do these flowers icon_lol.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%