What Tips Are You Using To Decorate Giant Cupcake?

Decorating By lindambc Updated 7 Apr 2009 , 1:51pm by bobwonderbuns

lindambc Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 5:48am
post #1 of 8

I love making the giant cupcake and I have seen so many wonderful giant cupcakes on CC.

I am wondering what decorating tips everyone uses to decorate the top of the cupcake?!!

Thanks in advance.

7 replies
crisseyann Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 11:29am
post #2 of 8

1M or 2D

sadsmile Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 11:42am
post #3 of 8

The largest round tip I have(I think it is a 1M) and I made DQ style swirls and tapped down the tips smooth.

bonniebakes Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:17pm
post #4 of 8

any tips on how to make the icing more "round?" mine always turns out sort of oval, and I'm never happy with it....

lindambc Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniebakes

any tips on how to make the icing more "round?" mine always turns out sort of oval, and I'm never happy with it....

Do you mean as you are piping the icing it looks oval or after the cake is iced?

bonniebakes Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 1:16pm
post #6 of 8

lindambc - I guess both.... it just doesn't seem perfectly round on top of the cupcake (the outside edges)

sadsmile Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 1:46pm
post #7 of 8

I crumb coated mine before the swirls. The cake top is more spiral cone shaped and I wanted a rounder look so I just used more icing until I was happy.

bobwonderbuns Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 1:51pm
post #8 of 8

I use a large open star tip -- anything from size 21 up. BUT you MUST crumbcoat the top or the frosting will fall off (don't ask me how I know this...) icon_confused.gif I never had that happen to a cake before, but it happened when I did that! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%