Newbie!!

Lounge By RMHill Updated 7 Apr 2009 , 11:00pm by xstitcher

RMHill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RMHill Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 5:09am
post #1 of 6

Hi All!

I'm so new to the website, and new to the whole cake making experience (I've got about a year under my belt) Cakes are a HUGE part of my in-laws family tradition, I wouldn't even dare bring anything store bought to a family function!

I'm actually a "young'n" I'm 23 and recently retired Marine wife (yay!!) I took a lot of the Marines in for dinners and whatnot, but my absolute favorite thing was cakes for birthdays. Now that we've moved back home, my Mother-in-law retired her cakes for the family and passed it onto me. You can imagine my stress when I had to make a small wedding cake, as I was use to sheet cakes and character pans!

I stumbled upon this website through Wilton searching for ideas for a few birthday cakes coming up... I'm so glad I did!! I'm in such awe of the photo gallery! You all have such amazing talent, and I'm quite excited to learn new ideas and techniques!!!

Raquel

5 replies
Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:32pm
post #2 of 6

Welcome! I know you will love it here.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:08pm
post #3 of 6

Welcome to Cake Central, it is a great place!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:11pm
post #4 of 6

Welcome, welcome!! Such a young'un you are icon_smile.gif
You will now be tied forever to your computer - logged into CC forever. Spend you time reading everything alread posted.
One word of caution......stay *out* of the Lounge forum! You will never get out of it - hehehe and there is sooooooo much more to this site - like I mean actual help for decorating cakes! icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 7:36am
post #5 of 6

Hi and Welcome to CC, RMHill. icon_smile.gif

Decoding CC acronyms:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-2926-.html

Everything you need to know to make, assemble and decorate stacked/tiered/layer cakes:
(Has popular CC recipes for crusting American buttercreams, fondant and doctored cake mixes (WASC and variations). And SO much more.)

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

Look forward to seeing pics of your cakes. thumbs_up.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:00pm
post #6 of 6

Just wanted to say welcome to CC and ditto to what everyone else said! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%