Price For This Cake?

Decorating By Puppylove Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 1:07pm by juleebug

Puppylove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Puppylove Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 5:07am
post #1 of 5

I am new to the business side of cake decorating and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much I should be charging for a "Marvin the Martian" cake. Its one of those character pans that someone gave me to use in making a cake for her friends birthday.Let me know if you have an idea. Thanks for your help. icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 9:58am
post #2 of 5

work out how much cake you need, figure out the cost of ingrediants, electricity etc used in buying them and baking them. and then put a value on your time.
xx

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 10:22am
post #3 of 5

You shouldn't... since Marvin is a licensed character you are technically not allowed to charge for him at all. All of those character pans say right on the packaging "for home use only". icon_smile.gif

Now, they tend to all be one recipe pans... so they equal an 8" cake or 20 servings... so base pricing on that if you are going to sell it anyway. I detest those pans so I'm glad you aren't supposed to sell them... icon_lol.gif. All those stars... no thanks! icon_wink.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:44pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

I detest those pans so I'm glad you aren't supposed to sell them... icon_lol.gif. All those stars... no thanks! icon_wink.gif

Oh my gosh...me too! I HATE character pans. I'd rather draw something on a sheet than do all those stars and lines. thumbsdown.gif

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:07pm
post #5 of 5

I have a question about character pans. I started a thread about it. Could you guys please check it out an let me know what you think?

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6327716.html#6327716

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%