Can Someone Please,please,please Tell Me How To Find Posts

Decorating By CakesIMake Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 6:10pm by xstitcher

CakesIMake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesIMake Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:51am
post #1 of 7

Every time I want to find some information I always use search because I know the topic was probably discussed many times before...now my problem is I can never find anything about it in the forums! NEVER. For instance I'm was wanted to read up on Sams Club buttercream...I typed it in the search box & nothing came up, so then I just wrote sams club & yet again NOTHING...How do you ladies find old forum posts???? Am I doing something wrong? Please clue me in. What's the trick??? icon_confused.gif

6 replies
mclaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mclaren Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:59am
post #2 of 7

ok, which search function did you use: icon_razz.gif

i just tried searching for "sam's club" and a whole lotta threads were listed...

here's how i did it:
click on the search function just about 2" above the top most post on the thread, where you can see "Search Buddy List Ignore List Watched Topics Memberlist Calendar".
it's exactly below the forum title, if you are in a thread.

good luck!!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 5:03am
post #3 of 7

The trick is not to use the box in the top right hand corner.

Once you are in the forums section of CC you want to click on search which is located under the Cake Decorating Forum heading. This search gives you a lot more options. You can search for keywords (there more options available for this one), authors, particular forum, search the title only, search the message only or by searching both the message and the title. I think there are a few I missed but this is the gist of it anyway.

HTH!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 5:09am
post #4 of 7

Just echoing... ALways go to the tab where you want to find info first (forums, galleries, articles, etc) then look for the word "search" in the horizontal toolbar at the top of the page.

CakesIMake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesIMake Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 5:10am
post #5 of 7

YAY!!! thumbs_up.gif

Thank you sooo much I've been on here for months & couldn't figure out how people were finding posts!
The problem was I kept using the search button on the right side.. I never ever noticed that search option dunce.gif

Thank you icon_biggrin.gif

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:04pm
post #6 of 7

Boy, I am glad to know this, too.
I was beginning to think I was REALLY stupid... instead of just slightly stupid...

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:10pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohsmomma

Boy, I am glad to know this, too.
I was beginning to think I was REALLY stupid... instead of just slightly stupid...

Ahhh, your not stupid not even slightly!!!

We've all done it I'm sure especially considering the size of the search box on the top right hand corner of the page (very hard to miss) icon_lol.gif .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%