Decidio, Anyone?

Business By niccicola Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 9:22pm by Bethkay

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 2:12am
post #1 of 5

Do you advertise on Decidio? If so, have you ever paid for a lead that came through? How much is it?

I get about 1 a month (just received one tonight) and I'm wondering if it is worth paying for the information.

4 replies
korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 3:34am
post #2 of 5

I use Decidio. I get quite a few leads on a weekly basis. I don't pay anything extra to be put "at the top of the list" I tried it for a month and diden't see any changes.

My leads are all over the board from BD's the weddings. The cost varies from 1-3.00. I pick and choose but the ones I pay for I get a bit less than half in orders.

It's a little fickle for me. BUT it's free to have the listing, the customers don't have any idea which vendors have been contacted so there's nothing bad there. I do get a lot of direct hits to my web site there and that is good. +Decidio is popular enough that it helps my web site traffic for general searches.

I use another one that is called "eventective" but the leads are 5.00 each. That's just too much.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:21am
post #3 of 5

I'm with korkyo .... I'm on decidio and eventective. The 2nd one is geared more toward finding a venue, but they ask for caterers, DJ's, photographers, too.

Korkyo, I frequently reply with "No, thanks" and in the reason I'll put something to the effect of "Bride is checking a specific venue and I'm not paying $5 to find out they don't allow outside catering." I had them on the phone, once, and voiced this concern..... the inquiries definitely give you the feel that they bride is researching a specific location, but I have no idea if they allow me in or not."

There was one inquiry and the bride put the name of the facility in the narrative part of her form. I knew for a fact this place did not allow outside caterers, but bride asked for caterer information! (dumba$$!)

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:53pm
post #4 of 5

I'm listed on Decidio. I don't get a lot of hits though. The one lead that I purchased worked out really well for me though! Lead cost me $2 to get her info and the order was for over $125. Obviously it's not always going to work that way, but it's a good start icon_smile.gif

Bethkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bethkay Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 9:22pm
post #5 of 5

I use Decidio and pay $1 for leads I want to purchase. I have had a few turn into actual jobs. I don't pay to keep myself at the top of the list either. So it's free advertising until I purchase a lead. You can't really go wrong there.

The only problem I have had with Decidio is that they don't always filter out the leads that I clearly don't want. But since there is no cost involved with the site sending you a potential lead, it's not any big deal--more of an annoyance than anything. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%