Help With Spinningleaf Molds

Decorating By crazygravy Updated 11 Apr 2009 , 4:54am by chilz822

crazygravy Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:56am
post #1 of 8

I bought and received my first set of molds from them. The molds are good but the customer service is CRAPPY. Anyways, I made my first set of the Easter Eggs and they didn't come out like I'd like them. I have a few questions for anyone willing to help. I used the little squeeze bottles to put the chocolate on--is their an easier eay? Would painting a little of the color in the mold look better? Also, I used white chocolate to actually cover the oreos...I have a HUGE sweet tooth (my husband calls it my fang) and these were way too sweet for me? What does everyone else use to coat or cover the OREO?

7 replies
crisseyann Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:03am
post #2 of 8

I recently purchased 6 different cookie molds and I love them! The first time I used them, I painted the chocolate details into them, but it was quite pale, almost transparent. I then tried the plastic bottle method which worked fairly well, but a couple of the molds I have, the details are too intricate to do a neat job. The third time, I went back to using the paint brush, making sure to make a fairly thick coating before pouring in the main chocolate. Those came out great.

I used white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips. I agree....that is alot of chocolate for one little cookie. Super sweet! I like to have just one with a big ole glass of milk, whereas my DH and DD can eat 3 at a time, no problem.

HTH. Good luck!
Cris

crazygravy Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:14pm
post #3 of 8

Thank you so much for your input. I will try that tonight...I used girhadeli whote chocolate chips too and I think I'm going to have to thin a little with almond bark.

SpinningLeaf Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 5:23pm
post #4 of 8

Hello crazygravy and all,

Our sincere apologies that our customer service was unsatisfactory for you. We have every intention to keep each and every customer happy, and we're sorry we failed you. We're a family owned business and we're struggling through these hard times like so many others. The last couple weeks have been especially trying for us, and as a result our email response time suffered. We apologize to any other customers who may have also experienced delayed replies. You are all the wind at our back, and we sincerely thank you for that. We will repay your support with many new products this year in hopes of helping you all succeed in your markets as well.

Once again, we apologize crazygravy. Please give us another chance, we will try harder.

All our best,
The SpinningLeaf Team
Recession, reshmession! The party must go on, chocolate fountains and all! ~Barry Diller

swheatsue Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 5:40pm
post #5 of 8

I have to say that I have purchased from Spinning Leaf a few times & each time they have been great! Fast shipping & they always seem to have included a "freebie" which I think is pretty fantastic & totally unnecessary. It's not often these days that anyone gives you "something for nothing", especially anything of any value.

The molds I purchased are pretty intricate (the gingerbread house especially!) & I don't have the patience for painting detail so I just do the whole thing in whatever chocolate I'm using & still the details are extremely good.

I'm sure you just hit them on a bad day. Give them another chance.

I would appreciate anyone's advice on how to get the cookies out of the molds though. I have to give them some pretty firm bangs which does ruin some of the detail & I end up having bits of chocolate left in the really tiny areas.

chilz822 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 4:27am
post #6 of 8

I've ordered once and was so happy with the quality of the molds and the fast shipping (not to mention the bonus) that I'm about to order again. I want to get the baby-feet mold as I have an order coming for 100 of them with tiny blue feet! I'm scared to death that I won't be able to get the blue into the teeny tiny toes sections! I've got the bottles and brushes but those darned toes are just so tiny! To have to paint 100 of them with a tiny brush makes me queasy!
icon_smile.gif

mirda6275 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 4:50am
post #7 of 8

I LOVE my spinningleaf molds. I've made them with regular oreos, double-stuff and mint. Everyone I've given them to has loved them. As for chocolate coating, I use the Merkens--both light and dark have turned out well. For the details, I have a small squeeze bottle that's top resembles a coupler and I can put my 1 or 2 cake decorating tip on there and it gets the details great. I put my mold in the freezer for 5-10 min. or until when I look at the bottom side (actual tops of cookies) the color is more gray-ish than chocolate...then they're ready to come out.

chilz822--I have the baby feet mold and made 60 some pink baby-feet for a co-workers shower. The toes aren't too bad. If your bottle doesn't have a small enough tip, try putting some tape around it to make it pointier...

HTH

chilz822 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 4:54am
post #8 of 8

ah, thank you so much for the heads-up! I've got a 0 and a 00 tip if I need to use them to get in there! I'm glad to know you had success, I'm gonna go for it. Spinning Leaf was a great experience for me and their molds are wonderful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%