Wilton's Wonder Mold

Decorating By ivgotahalo Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 5:55am by cakesmade4u

ivgotahalo Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:48am
post #1 of 4

How many servings are there in a wilton's wonder mold? Is it worth getting this mold or should I just carve my own for a wedding dress cake?

3 replies
kakeladi Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:46am
post #2 of 4

If you use one cake mix in it, there will be 12-15 servings.
It is a hard one to serve due to the shape. Most people cut it in 1/2 (like you would do to torte it) then cut into pieces. Some cut extra tall pie wedge slices.

mommyle Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:54am
post #3 of 4

I concur. or agree. whichever is spelled right. I also tend to put a 2" tall round under the doll pan ( 8 or 10", I don't know off the top).

cakesmade4u Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 5:55am
post #4 of 4

I think it is worth getting if you don't want lots of cake crumbs left overs I end up with way to much cake crumbs to throw out or end up eating and having lot of cake balls. Less wasted cake. I also add the 9" round and 3" high rounded pan under the mold to make it taller. You can use a michels or hobby lobby coupon 40-50./. Off. When I cut my daughters I started at the top cut like you would cut a round cake x patterns then work your way down. You can get a good 35-maybe 40 slices in. I used 1- cake mix for the mold and 1 cake mix for the bottom 9". It seems to go alot faster when making the dress cakes. thumbs_up.gif just my opinion......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%