I Really Did It This Time -- Can Anyone Help???

Decorating By bobwonderbuns Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 4:57pm by bobwonderbuns

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:02am
post #1 of 6

Okay, so in my kitchen I have the WASC versions typed up with the single version on the left and the double version on the right. I needed to make a WASC double (14 cups batter) for a bunch of smaller cakes and I was using the "whole egg" version -- which calls for 4 eggs in the doubled recipe. (Y'all with me so far?) icon_rolleyes.gif Wellllll, not paying any attention I inadvertently doubled the double amount of whole eggs and added 8 whole eggs to the recipe!! icon_eek.gif They all are baking now, and two of the smaller cakes have already bubbled over but I'm wondering is this a total loss or do I just make them, serve them and vow never to do that again?? Can anyone help??? icon_rolleyes.gif

5 replies
patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:11am
post #2 of 6

Ok I am a little confused... I think mine calls for 6 whole large eggs or 8 egg whites.

I am sure you are done with them now though...how did they turn out?

CakeDiosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiosa Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:30am
post #3 of 6

If they taste good then just serve and vow!

I screwed up a whole batch of buttercream made with hi ratio shortening because I wasn't paying attention.... what a waste! booooo but its one of those things you'll only do ONCE!

Let us know what happened.....

ooohhhh a "cliffhanger" thread... I love it!

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:47am
post #4 of 6

Well you'll just have to taste and see,if they're good serve them.Hope they come out good.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:12pm
post #5 of 6

tell them you upgraded their order to pound cake..LOL How do they taste???

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:57pm
post #6 of 6

ha ha ha! Well here's what happened. The cakes baked and two of the smaller ones bubbled over but were still salvageable. I took some of the top of the bubbled over cake and me and DH tasted it -- it had a weird crumb sort of like a muffin but the taste was great. I had baked 2 6 x 3 rounds, two 6 x 2 squares, one 4 x 3 round and two 3 x 3 rounds. (I used the double recipe, can you tell??) icon_rolleyes.gif I redid the 6 x 3 rounds (and paid more attention to the recipe this time) icon_confused.gif and that worked out well. DH will eat the smaller cakes and I'm using the square cakes to practice a gift bag cake I have coming up. So all is well and yes, I did vow NEVER to bake without paying full attention to my recipes next time! icon_lol.gif

As for the recipe, if you search CC, you will find TONS of different variations of the WASC. I used whole eggs for the yellow version which called for whole eggs (4 whole eggs and 2 yellow mixes as opposed to 2 white mixes and 8 egg whites.) I also vary the flavorings depending on the order.

Soooo, the long and short of it is that it wasn't a total waste and every now and then I need to be knocked upside the head to remind me that I cannot run on autopilot all the time! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%