Edible Image

Decorating By lchris Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 1:21pm by lchris

lchris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchris Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 11:51pm
post #1 of 5

Forgive me for asking something that has been asked before, but search is going wonky on me.

I'm getting an edible image sheet made at our local grocery store, $8.00 a sheet.

My question is, how long can I wait after getting it to put on the cake? Will it melt, so to speak?

Also, once I put it on the cake, will I be able to deliver it the next day?

Thanks for answering a newbie's silly questions!
Laurie

4 replies
pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:07am
post #2 of 5

bump..IDKicon_sad.gif

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:09am
post #3 of 5

No it won't melt as long as you don't keep it in the sunshine. You can put it on the cake and deliver the next day. The stuff is really weird almost like a fondant rice paper...tastes ok...but doesn't go bad or need to be refrigerated either...
teri

JoJo40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoJo40 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:11am
post #4 of 5

Hi, lchris: They should put the image in a sealed envelope for you. I would suggest keeping the image in the envelope until the moment you put it onto the cake. The image is to be put on a freshly frosted cake (if your cake has crusted, you can spritz a little water on the cake where you plan to put the image). The image will-over time-melt into the frosting. Put the finished cake in a box to keep it from drying out. Yes, you can deliver the cake the next day. If the image wants to curl at the edge, you can put a shell border (#14 or 16 tip) around the image at the edge to weigh it down. Hope this helps. JoJo

lchris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchris Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:21pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the reply ladies.

I just wanted to be sure it wouldn't disappear or melt into the frosting before I deliver it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%