Polish Easter Eggs

Decorating By Carson Updated 11 Apr 2009 , 2:40am by Carson

Carson Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 11:46pm
post #1 of 24

Hi, I was wondering if anyone might be able to share how they would go about making these for easter? I am using the mini egg pan and need to decorate 3 of them for a top of a cake. This cake is for a Polish lady who is turning 80 on Good Friday and her family requested that these eggs be put on the cake. icon_eek.gif
LL

23 replies
luvsfreebies72 Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 11:51pm
post #2 of 24

I would use royal icing

luvsfreebies72 Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 11:52pm
post #3 of 24

I would use royal icing

MBHazel Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 11:54pm
post #4 of 24

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_923583.html Take a look at these eggs by Kraach, they are from 2007.

Also, I think brushed embroidery could copy the blue and purple eggs really well.

liha21 Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 11:55pm
post #5 of 24

Those are beautiful. Would love to know how to make them. Good luck.

bobbied Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:05am
post #6 of 24

I had thought about trying some cookie designs using the egg designs on

http://www.learnpysanky.com/

They have a section on egg designs you can click on and get very detailed design instructions.

bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:05am
post #7 of 24

The designs look pretty intricate -- they may have been stenciled. You could certainly do them with royal icing and a very fine tip (0 or 1).

Carson Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:06am
post #8 of 24

Wow, those eggs by Kraach are gorgeous - I'm going to have to improve my piping skills VERY quickly!

I was thinking brush embroidery too after I posted this...but wasn't sure the best route.

I think they are just so beautiful and detailed that I think I am feeling a bit overwhelmed!

pipe-dreams Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:10am
post #9 of 24

Those are gorgeous. I am biased b/c I am Polish as well, but oh my goodness! Please post pics when you are finished..I would love to see how yours turn out!
Good luck!

liha21 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:31am
post #10 of 24

That website makes me want to go out and get the stuff right now. I wish I had time to give the pysanky a try. Gorgeous.

traceyjade Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:53am
post #11 of 24

You can even try doing them with chocolate.

Carson Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:59am
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyjade

You can even try doing them with chocolate.

By making the entire eggs out of chocolate or just using it to decorate?

traceyjade Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 3:29am
post #13 of 24

The eggs and the piping, or you can make the eggs chocolate and pipe with royal icon_smile.gif
TL

soygurl Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:23am
post #14 of 24

Yeah, if the eggs HAVE to be cake, I would cover (dip) them in colored chocolate/candy melts, then do the decorations in royal icing. You'll need the smallest tips avaliable, and a very steady hand. thumbs_up.gif I've done a tiny bit of that pysanky egg decorating, and boy is it hard! Fun, definitely, but hard.

Carson Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:41am
post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by soygurl

I've done a tiny bit of that pysanky egg decorating, and boy is it hard! Fun, definitely, but hard.

Not what I wanted to hear! haha I think the 3 eggs that is just for the top of the cake is going to be the most time consuming part!

soygurl Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 5:41am
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson

Quote:
Originally Posted by soygurl

I've done a tiny bit of that pysanky egg decorating, and boy is it hard! Fun, definitely, but hard.

Not what I wanted to hear! haha I think the 3 eggs that is just for the top of the cake is going to be the most time consuming part!

Haha, I'm sure! icon_rolleyes.gif Wish I could say otherwise, but it's better to know in advance right? So you can prepare, and be sure to CHARGE APPROPRIATELY!! thumbs_up.gif

RandomCakes Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 5:05pm
post #17 of 24

I don't know if this will help or not, but I just started doing eggs for an easter basket cake I will be doing for my children's school onFriday. I made the egss with rice crispy treats (cocoa crispy treats, because I had a box set from the 90% off halloween sale at Target.) I was trying to figure out how to do it, I thought I had an old egg jello mold laying around, but I couldn't find it. While I was looking, I noticed a bag of plastic eggs from an egg hunt we went to last weekend. I washed the plastic eggs really well, then sprayed them with Pam. I filled each half with RKT, a little over full so they crunched when I put them together, then I plan on using molding chocolate or candy clay to cover them in to make them smooth.

If you don't have a cake egg pan, I thought this might help. It would also make them lighter for the top of the cake, rather than using all chocolate or cake.

HTH!

bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 10:37pm
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbied

I had thought about trying some cookie designs using the egg designs on

http://www.learnpysanky.com/

They have a section on egg designs you can click on and get very detailed design instructions.

Wow Bobbi, that website is SWEET!!! They teach you and everything!! How cool is that!! (I forsee yet another technique to learn in my future...) icon_biggrin.gif

Carson Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 5:26pm
post #19 of 24

Ok, I did the eggs. I ended up baking the eggs in my egg pan, covering in mmf and used candy melts to pipe decoration on them. I'm a little embarassed to post a pic because of time restraints I wasn't able to do much detail, so they are not as beautiful as the original eggs I was using for inspiration... icon_redface.gif
LL

nannie Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 9:17pm
post #20 of 24

I think they're very pretty. Love the red one especially
thumbs_up.gif

cylstrial Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 1:19am
post #21 of 24

Those eggs are beautiful! But they look super hard to make!!

mom2rascals Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 1:34am
post #22 of 24

Why be so embarrassed? They are absolutely gorgeous!! its especially impressive knowing that you were pressed for time. Carson, you are extremely talented. Great Job!

LeckieAnne Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 2:02am
post #23 of 24

Oh no - they turned out really pretty! Great job!

Carson Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 2:40am
post #24 of 24

Thanks everyone, I think I should of added more to the purple one. I really like the red one too! I guess its a good start, I really would like to try it with a bit more detail~but this easter is pretty busy for me, so some other time! Thanks for everyone's help, I hear the birthday girl loved it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%