Will This Tier Sizing/setup Look Good?

Decorating By idjitmom Updated 7 Apr 2009 , 2:02am by xstitcher

idjitmom Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 11:08pm
post #1 of 7

I am doing a wedding cake for a friend. She has been very specific on what she wants, but is also open to any changes if they are necessary. So, she wants a 3 tier square cake, the bottom two tiers stacked & the top one on pillars, and she wants them offset. First, the sizes she wants are 12", 8", & 6" (and yes, that is sufficient servings for her guest count); will the change from a 4" size difference for the bottom two tiers to a 2" size difference for the top tier - considering that it will be seperated by the pillars - look ok? And, will the offset thing work considering the seperation & the fact that the cake will just be 3 tiers? Any other thoughts?

And no, I don't have pans to stack & play with to see what works right, I am going to have to order the appropriate sized pan once I figure this out!

TIA everyone!!

6 replies
-K8memphis Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:00am
post #2 of 7

The pillars will disguise the difference in the amount of graduation from tier to tier. So no worries there.

Does anyone have a picture of offset squares with a pillar separation?

It sounds really different--I don't remember ever seeing one that's offset with pillars.

-K8memphis Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:11am
post #3 of 7

Honestly, I thought the pillars would look weird with the offset tiers but it looks cool. I set it up with a 12x9x6 and I like it. I offset the pillars and squared the 6"cake onto the pillars. (I can't find an 8" sq. pan. My stuff is 'stored' n not easy to get to.)

It will look great.

SugarFrosted Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:29am
post #4 of 7

I think it will look great. I did a round cake with the top tier on pillars and my client loved it. Square would be wonderful. thumbs_up.gif

Here's mine:
LL

idjitmom Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 12:16am
post #6 of 7

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help. And xstitcher, you must be a better searcher than I am, I tried but didn't find those pics, they are perfect - thank you!!

xstitcher Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 2:02am
post #7 of 7

Your welcome! I hope they help you out! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%