Need To Get Luster Dust/sparkle Off Fondant

Decorating By mom2aeml Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 6:50pm by mom2aeml

mom2aeml Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 4

HELP!!! Too much dust on my chocolate fondant!!! I was painting letters and there was too much luster on my brush and it blew over the cake! It has ruined it! How do I get it OFF?? Please help!! Thanks!!

3 replies
brincess_b Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 4

oooo. im prety sure that, similar to basic petal dust, it comes with a built in glue. id take some white fondant (maybe safer using the colour thats on the cake) and dab that over the surface (try it on the back first. seee if yu can get it to transfer. would work where its a bit thicker.
maybe wet some kitchen roll... might do funny things to your fondant, but if its just damp, might work?
i hope you can work something out!
xx

patticakesnc Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 11:25pm
post #3 of 4

what color is it? I got a white sparkle dust all over my fondant and I didn't like how it looked. I just took clear vanilla on a papertowel and cleaned my fondant. It worked on that. Maybe try it on a small spot first.

mom2aeml Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:50pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you, thank you, thank you brincess_b!! You saved me and my cake!! I cant believe something so simple was the answer! I dabbed a small piece of chocolate fondant over the unwanted luster dust and lifted most of it off! I pulled the fondant piece to expose a new clean and dampish surface every few dabs and I was able to lift off most of the excess. It even helped remove any spread of luster from around the letters...it picked up whatever was not mixed with the lemon juice! Oh, I can't thank you enough for replying to my post....I am practically in tears! I'll take a pic and post it tomorrow! Whew!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%