Cake Challenges On Food Network Today! Fyi

Business By Chef_Stef Updated 7 Apr 2009 , 1:58am by Chef_Stef

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 13

There's a cake tag team challenge on at 4 pm (PST) and Last Cake Standing starts at 5 pm (PST)...

Just a reminder in case anyone wants a cake *fix* today. Oh, and it looks like Ace of Cakes is on here today too, but it's reruns.

Have a great weekend all.

12 replies
luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 8:51pm
post #2 of 13

oh yes, I'm counting down to Last Cake Standing thumbs_up.gif

I made some fondant ladybugs, bumblebees & caterpillars to go on top of some cupcakes, in honor of it LOL. (actually, I made them to take to playgroup tomorrow, but it sounded good, didn't it?)

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 13

I was gossiping with Courtney Clarke about Last Cake Standing and she said to be sure to watch that there was icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gifloads of cake drama

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 9:36pm
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkybaker

I was gossiping with Courtney Clarke about Last Cake Standing and she said to be sure to watch that there was icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gifloads of cake drama

icon_rolleyes.gif What else is new? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Seems there's been unnecessary drama on every episode lately!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 9:38pm
post #5 of 13

Yeeeee haw! Can't wait! Me loves me some cake challenge drama queens! (and erm...kings?) icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 9:43pm
post #6 of 13

Aparently Carrie was VERY mean to her.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 9:58pm
post #7 of 13

Maybe it's time they get a second permanent female judge. Didn't American Idol do that this year?

__Jamie__ Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 10:01pm
post #8 of 13

Kerry V? Ruh-oh...getting the popcorn ready (not for this thread but for the show! hee hee)

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 10:12pm
post #9 of 13

does anyone know what time or station (food network?) that's on in Ontario?!?! it drives me nuts that most of those shows are on starting around 11pm here-i can't stay up THAT late jeesh!!

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:29am
post #10 of 13

I enjoyed this challenge and thought it was one of the better ones. I agree with everyone. Michelle needed to go home. I just wish they let the contestants do a secret ballot. OMG, that was tough!

I loved Courtney's cake and the surprise was that Someone was actually VERY nice and complimentary to her!! icon_surprised.gif

I thought the other cakes were all great. I am anxious to see the next round. What I don't get is how to these professional people have time to do this competition!?

__Jamie__ Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:09am
post #11 of 13

I don't wanna ruin for anyone who has not seen it, but.....the winning cake flipping rocked!! I mean, that was so perfectly done (other than the mishap that Kerry pointed out), exactly like her drawing, that win was sooooo deserved! So exciting to watch.

So.....where exactly was the major drama?? Perhaps next episode, cause this one wasn't drama at all, and Kerry was very nice to Courteney! icon_smile.gif

BakingJeannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingJeannie Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:26pm
post #12 of 13

This challenge ROCK!! I was on needles and pins watching it. Can't wait for the next challenge. I love Elisa's cake...cute!

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 1:58am
post #13 of 13

I loved Mary's cake, but I was really thinking that the guy (sorry, can't remember his name) or Bronwen's cakes told their Life Story better, especially his, really. I loved how it started with his culinary school and then on up to the top with where he is now. I thought it was just really cool, same with Bronwen's.

I usually love Michelle B and her cakes, but I didn't see where that cake was going...I think she mentioned something about it at the end when she looked down the row and went "Omg..." when she saw what everyone else had done, (shoulda, coulda, woulda), but it was too late to do anything about it. Her cake was beautiful but didn't tell a story. I was stunned that they had to vote out loud; that was harsh.

Is this a weekly Sunday thing for awhile? I'm lovin' it, if so.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%