Have You Ever Used Organic Food Dye?

Decorating By jilld Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 1:08pm by bonniebakes

jilld Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jilld Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 6

I have an order for my first organic cake. Its going to be buttercream so I don't have to try to find ingredients to make organic fondant or gumpaste - thankfully. But, I will probably be adding color (lavender) to it and am wondering if you all have ever used the organic dyes and if so which kind, what color(s) and what you thought about it. Thanks for any information.

5 replies
apieceofcake-dolores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apieceofcake-dolores Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:47am
post #2 of 6

I am interested to know too...my family and I eat organic and I have been wanting to try natural dyes for when I make my kids cakes and such

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:28pm
post #3 of 6

I just ordered some natural food dyes, but they haven't come yet. I'm so excited to try them an would love to hear from anyone who has used them!

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 2:17pm
post #4 of 6

I use natural food dyes (esp. for Passover) and I think the main thing to keep in mind is that they are very liquidy. When I use them for RI, I can't add as much water or it is too runny. It is also hard to get strong colors, but for a lavender you should be fine. May I ask where you ordered your from? And good luck!

jilld Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jilld Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:05am
post #5 of 6

Saberger, I haven't ordered any yet as I have a little time before the cake is due. I would love to learn where you found natural ones.

Bonniebakes, let me know when you have yours, what you think and where you got them.

Thanks!!!

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:08pm
post #6 of 6

I ordered mine from Foose (the cookie cutter site)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%