Gum Paste Flowers

Decorating By Janny42 Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 1:43pm by bakingatthebeach

Janny42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janny42 Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 7:43pm
post #1 of 7

I am doing the wedding cake for my daughter's wedding this Saturday. I have the gum paste flowers all prepared. Can I safely put them on the cake Friday night and have them be ok by Saturday?

6 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 7

if its fondant definatly yes. even cuttercream should be fine too, ive only put small flowers on a crusting buttercream, but they didnt go soft.
xx

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 7

Depending on how heavy they are and how far you have to travel you can. If their rather heavy I would wait until the cake is at its destination. Car movement and gravity are not on your side so if your in doubt that they wont make it, its better to be safe than sorry!

Janny42 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:35pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for the comments. The flowers are small and are going on the sides of the cake which will be iced in a crusting buttercream. The reception is at our church, which is where the cakes will be decorated, so thankfully they won't need to be transported after they are decorated.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:49pm
post #5 of 7

As long as they're small, they should be just fine. My gumpaste flowers don't soften up overnight when I put them onto the buttercream. However, if they're too heavy they sometimes slide down. Gravity is not our friend!!

Janny42 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 6:42pm
post #6 of 7

Ok. I really appreciate the advice. I am new to this whole cake decorating thing, but I absolutely love it! However, I am very nervous about this cake since it is for my daughter.

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:43pm
post #7 of 7

The calls lillies I did on the wedding cake I placed on the night before. It was crusting buttercream but they did fine, even on the ride to the destination.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%