Help Please For A Combo Cake!

Decorating By Ellistwins Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 5:26pm by RandomCakes

Ellistwins Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 3

Guys, I need to exercise you brains. My husband is turning 40 in April, me 40 in June and my dad 70 in June. We are having a combined party for us and the twins who is turning 5 in June. They wil each be having their own cake and Ouma will make that to them for a change. (emotional blackmail).But instead of having 5 cakes for 40 people I thought of doing a combo for the three of us. I thought some 3 tier. Maybe the one with the road going up to the top replicating dad's life since 1939 and when we became part of his life with all kinds of details as to the where and when and the loves we had and have. But I'm sure you guys/girls will be able to give me more ideas. For help, here is some of the things we love/have done and we are.
dad: loves, eats and sleep Rugby (Blue bulls fan), he used to be a farmer (sheep and fruit) as well as a mechanical "engineer" at a fruit co operation. Dad loves music and grew up on a wheat farm. He is now a pensioner doing handyman and welding jobs all around the show. He is a great chocolate lover so this will definitely be a chocolae cake.
Hubby: also loves rugby but beer and sigarettes more. He works at an aviation company as administrator and has a bookkeeping qualification.
Me: I'm an artist at heart...explains why i love doing the cakes. I am a singer (retired at the moment), love arts and crafts, humorous (hubby has non sence of humor) love my kids, love theater (in the pound seats as well as on the stage.

Did I give you guys somthing to work with???? Pleas give me some Ideas. I always said that I want a fat fairy cake!

I thought of maybe dad could have a truffle tower and then I make a 40 cake with fat men and women smoking and having a jol on for me and hubby. Bu I am open for suggestions.

2 replies
kakeladi Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:28am
post #2 of 3

Wow, that's a lot to try to work with. Right now I can't think of anything but maybe later something will come to me.
Just thought I'd give your post a bump so more people will see it.

RandomCakes Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 5:26pm
post #3 of 3

The only thing I could think of off the top of my head to incorporate some of that is maybe a Rugby Field (or stadium, not sure where they play, I don't know anything about Rugby) with the players around the sidelines (again, guessing with the Rugby thing) and a gumpaste figure of yourself singing in the middle of the field. Like football and baseball have a person singing the national anthem before the game (again, I don't know if rugby does that). You could make the leader of one team look like your father, and his team jersey have the #70, and the other team could be lead by your husband, with the #40 on his jersey. He could also have a little beer bottle and cigarette in his hands.

Sometimes 1 idea will get the ball rolling for more ideas.

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%