Help Please...i've Made A Mistake Measuring Nfsc

Baking By JudyDP Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 7:25am by JudyDP

JudyDP Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 4:03am
post #1 of 7

I am making NFSC and have accidently measured the butter wrong. icon_redface.gif I don't know what I was thinking, but I creamed 1/2 lb of butter instead of 1 lb. icon_cry.gif I realized it when the dough became flaky like pie dough! I have molded it into crumbly discs and refrigerated it. Is it too late to add the other 1/2 lb butter? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Is there anyway to salvage this cookie dough and have the cookies still be really good? I have used expensive European butter and I HATE to throw it away, but I want the cookies to be really good! Thank you for your help!

6 replies
brincess_b Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 11:46am
post #2 of 7

mmm. i would cream up the rest of the butter and add it. i guess maybe you will loose some of the texture, but will probably bake better than what you have now.
xx

JudyDP Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 4:11pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you for your reply.

-K8memphis Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 4:59pm
post #4 of 7

The butter needs to be creamed with the sugar for best results.

So what I do when things like this happen is I make another mixture that will complement and fill in the blanks on the one that is lacking so to speak.

I'll divide it into several packages sometimes too and use it as 'starter'.

JudyDP Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 5:38pm
post #5 of 7

k8memphis...thank's so much. That's a great idea. I can't believe that anyone else would do something like this! icon_redface.gif

-K8memphis Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 5:46pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyDP

k8memphis...thank's so much. That's a great idea. I can't believe that anyone else would do something like this! icon_redface.gif

Oh my yes! the math can really make my eyes cross too.
Be really careful when you figure this out.

I hate that you used that pricey butter then ran into a difficulty.

So what I was trying to say is make the next mixture and combine mixture to mixture.

JudyDP Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:25am
post #7 of 7

Thanks again k8memphis....that is a great way to do it. I had already become impatient, and beat the butter and added it to it. I made some cookies tonight with it, and believe it or not, I can't tell any difference icon_eek.gif . NOW, if someone could tell me how to keep NFSCs from spreading! I swear....I have done everything in the world, and they are going to spread NO MATTER WHAT!!! icon_cry.gif As much as I want to be a good cookie baker, I just don't know if this is for me. Maybe I should take up knitting! icon_rolleyes.gif Once again....Thank you for helping. I appreciate it very much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%