Cream Cheese Frosting.

Decorating By prayful Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 1:26am by prayful

prayful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prayful Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 12:06am
post #1 of 5

I plan to ship red velvet cake and a carrot cake both with cream cheese filling. I've already filled the cakes and used creamcheese frosting on the outside. But I learned that UPS don't pick up on Saturdays, so the cakes were made Friday night and now in the fridge (without the fondants yet) and will ship on Monday. Will the cakes still good til it shipped to IOWA, I live in Michigan. Won't the cream cheese frosting get spoiled if it takes one or two days to deliver?

Thanks!

4 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 2:17am
post #2 of 5

Um. Yes. So will the filling. You don't want that outside of the fridge for more than an hour.

prayful Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 3:41am
post #3 of 5

Oh no, so I screwed up. I thought it is possible to ship cakes with cream cheese filling because of one website where they ship carrot cakes with cream cheese filling, but....they aslo have some special treatment to the cakes where they put the cake in the reusable cooler with dry ice or gel packs. The cakes I made were supposed to be a surprise for my sister in law who gave me a kitchen aid stand mixer. Well, I guess I would just make some other filling for their favorite flavors, carrot and red velvet.

Any ideas of filling for the two cakes?

Thank you prterrel.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 11:27am
post #4 of 5

there are cream cheese recipes that dont need refridgetrated, earlene has one on here website, the woman tht does the serving chart - i dont have the link handy though.
carrot cake is good with orange flavoured icings!
if you are shipping, i think you need to fork out for guarenteed next day type delivery. and pack really carefully!
xx

prayful Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:26am
post #5 of 5

Thank you, yes, I checked her frosting recipe on her website. Thanks for the info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%