Cake Boards At Sams??

Decorating By wcarrick Updated 5 Apr 2009 , 8:37pm by imamommy1205

wcarrick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wcarrick Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 11:20pm
post #1 of 12

I have read on here a few times that some have found cake boards at sams. I have been looking online and in my sams club and cant seem to find them - am I looking in the wrong spots? Please let me know where they are if you have found them.

Thanks so much for your help!

11 replies
Wesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 12:26am
post #2 of 12

Go to the bakery and they will sell you a whole box of them. I do not know the price of them though. How do I know this, my fiance' works on the overnight there. icon_smile.gif

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 1:25am
post #3 of 12

Not all Sam's do it... mine is stingy icon_smile.gif

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 1:30am
post #4 of 12

We went to Sam's last weekend and they sold half sheet boxes with cupcake inserts but I sort of ran out of money so I have to wait for next time to buy them.

Here are the prices in case anyone needs them:

bottoms: 50/ $15
tops: 50/ $15
inserts: 30/ $15

Kory: Sorry your Sam's is stingy icon_sad.gif

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 4:05am
post #5 of 12

I wonder if it could be a seasonal thing that they're stingy. I know they are just heading into grad season now so they're trying to stock up on all their supplies and materials so they don't run out of anything. Maybe if you tried ordering it ahead of time? Call them up and ask them to order an extra case for you and you'll pick it up next week or something? Or however long it would take and order to come in for them. It couldn't hurt to ask.

Angfastic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angfastic Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 4:17am
post #6 of 12

I bought a package of the 12 inch rounds. 150 boards for $18 and some change.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 4:20am
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose_N_Crantz

I wonder if it could be a seasonal thing that they're stingy.

It could also be a bakery manager on a power trip. We have a friend near Fresno and whenever she goes into Sam's, if the manager is there, she refuses to sell any bakery supplies.

She hold them hostage like peanuts on poker night!! If she comes on any other day, not a problem. (Apparently the stuff is not out front, clearly marked. You have to ask.)

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 4:43am
post #8 of 12

I buy stuff from them all of the time. If they are being "stingy" I just ask them to order the thing for me. If they tell you no, talk to the store manager b/c they are supposed to sell you any item you want. You just might have to wait until their next shipment comes in.

250 12" boards $16
8 lb red icing $10.62
25 1/2 sheet see thru two piece cake box $36

Cakedive,

Are the tops see thru?

CristyInMiami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyInMiami Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 5:03am
post #9 of 12

Thanks this is great to know! I hope the one here in Miami isn't stingy!!!

wcarrick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wcarrick Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 5:32pm
post #10 of 12

So it looks like you have to ask at the bakery section for them. I will give that a try. Thanks for all your help.

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 7:44pm
post #11 of 12

amazing the price/quantity difference for the same size boards between 2 different stores of the same chain. Wonder what mine would sell the boards for...

imamommy1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imamommy1205 Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 8:37pm
post #12 of 12

I am glad I read this thread! I might check out getting some for myself next time I am there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%