My Website!!!!!

Decorating By Cathy26 Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 7:07pm by cylstrial

Cathy26 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 16

OMG im soooooo excited! just built my own website using Microsoft Office for small businesses. im totally a computer phobe ive never understood the internet and i never thought id be able to do it myself but people kept telling me how easy it was so i had a go and its free!!

Check it out, id be really grateful for any comments and critiques.
I really hope it takes off, i want to go part time at work (im a legal secretary) so im counting on the website and slightly raised prices from what i was charging to people through word of mouth etc so wish me luck!!

www.cathys-cakes.co.uk

Thanks!!

15 replies
marisanovy Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 16

Hey, nice job. Congratulations!!! icon_smile.gif

dettdunn Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 16

Nice Job! Congrats.

pouchet82 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 9:17pm
post #4 of 16

Looks great! Best of luck, I will cross my fingers for you

KKristy Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 9:26pm
post #5 of 16

Cathy,
The website looks great ! ...And your cakes look fantastic ! You are so talented...I especially love your fondant figures !
Good luck with everything. I hope all of your dreams come true!

ps...in your Christening cake section...do you use a cutter for the lettering in the names ?...I love the look!

cylstrial Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 9:45pm
post #6 of 16

I think your website looks great! It's laid out really well and easy to get around. You have great pictures of the cakes! AND the cakes are beautiful!

Congrats!

cylstrial Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 9:48pm
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKristy

...do you use a cutter for the lettering in the names ?...I love the look!

She is using the Funky FMM letters to spell the names. Here is a link to Global Sugar Art. If the link doesn't come up, just type in Funky alphabet or Funky FMM.

http://www.globalsugarart.com/search.php?search=funky+fmm&searchimage.x=0&searchimage.y=0

Creative_chika Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 9:55pm
post #8 of 16

Question. Cathy24. Did they charge you the $14.00 or is it really in a year?? By, the way, site looks great

CakesIMake Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 10:04pm
post #9 of 16

Your cakes look awesome & I really do like you webpage!!

Please don't take offense to this but, I always look at the back drop for cakes...are your taken in a bathtub?

terrier Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 10:15pm
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Quote:

Your cakes look awesome & I really do like you webpage!!

Please don't take offense to this but, I always look at the back drop for cakes...are your taken in a bathtub?

After I read this I had to go back and see, I totally did not notice that until you wrote it icon_lol.gif .... but it does make a great back drop. icon_smile.gif

Your cakes are beautiful!

shannon0407 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 10:39pm
post #11 of 16

icon_razz.gif very cool! Best of luck to you!

Cakemaster26 Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 2:40am
post #12 of 16

Congrats! Your website looks great. hope you get all those orders!!

Chippi Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 3:43am
post #13 of 16

Love your website and CONGRATS!!!! Wish you many, many, many orders!

Chippi!

Cathy26 Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 9:34am
post #14 of 16

Hi, yes they are taken in the bath- lol, its the only place to get a high enough background and the lighting is good in my bathroom.

no the website is free and in 2 years apparently they take 10.99 for the doman name for another 2 years. i got a discount for the first 2 years free because it ends in .co.uk. hope there are no hidden costs! il keep you posted icon_smile.gif

sweetopia Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 10:35am
post #15 of 16

Your site looks great and is easy to navigate! Congrats!

cylstrial Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:07pm
post #16 of 16

I had to go look at the pictures again too. I never would have noticed that the pictures were taken in a bathtub. That's a really cool idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%