How Do You Do This Lettering?

Decorating By ivgotahalo Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 7:10pm by cylstrial

ivgotahalo Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 11:11am
post #1 of 27

This is a mold isn't it... Anyone know where I can get it? I LOVe it!

26 replies
sugardaze Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 11:18am
post #2 of 27

I'm not sure but it looks like royal icing. You can print any font type and size on white paper copy. Place the paper under a piece of cello. Trace with royal icing (might need some thinning) and when dry carefully peeled off.

bashini Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 11:19am
post #3 of 27

HI, that is done by using Jem Cutters. Here is the link from Global Sugar Art,

HTH. icon_smile.gif

SHogg Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 12:13pm
post #4 of 27

Hi ivgotahalo! I'm so glad you like my cake! bashini is exactly right, it's the JEM cutters. I just did a cake last night with them too, I use them for all my lettering cause I'm terrible at piping any kind of writing. Thanks again!

cylstrial Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 1:12pm
post #5 of 27

There are so many cute alaphabet cutters. =o) I love the funky cutters and the script cutters. I think they might be FMM though.

MissBaritone Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 2:19pm
post #6 of 27

they're Jem cutters. Thats the set I always use for lettering

debster Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 3:57pm
post #7 of 27

Since your new I'd like to warn you not to try to do these with just fondant, use gumpaste or a 50/50 gumpaste and fondant mix. Also dip the cutters in corn starch. Good luck.

solascakes Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 4:53pm
post #8 of 27

those letters are cute

leah_s Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 5:03pm
post #9 of 27

Are those different from Tappits? Are the JEM ones actual cutters?

Bonnie151 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 5:07pm
post #10 of 27

Leahs - they are individual cutters (and they are *great*! Expensive but great!)

liha21 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 5:12pm
post #11 of 27

I just ordered my first Tappits the other day, can't wait to get em.

debster Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 5:27pm
post #12 of 27

Wow , I didn't know they had individual ones, guess I'm gonna have to order some of those also. That's what I hated about the other type you can't freely get a certain letter to come without another one joining in. Thanks for the info thumbs_up.gif

tonedna Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 5:29pm
post #13 of 27

I love the tappits..Now the came with the lower case for the funky letters!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

debster Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 6:06pm
post #14 of 27

Edna...........I just got the funky letters last week and they only had the capital letters, do they seel the smaller ones seperately? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............more money all the time.

tonedna Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 6:08pm
post #15 of 27

lol...yes..they are separate..I guess they got people asking for them and decided to go ahead and make them. I think they are so cute, they are worth it.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

debster Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 6:41pm
post #16 of 27

Ok Edna do tell who sells the baby ones? icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 6:44pm
post #17 of 27
debster Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 6:54pm
post #18 of 27

Thanks Edna thumbs_up.gif

drakegore Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 7:13pm
post #19 of 27

i use these with fondant frequently instead of gumpaste.
i use toedna's shortening trick from her youtube video (thank you edna! you are terrific) and use a bit of cornstarch (dusted onto cutter with a food only paintbrush) and they come out like a charm.

Limpy Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 7:51pm
post #20 of 27

Shortening trick? Do tell.

drakegore Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 8:03pm
post #21 of 27
tonedna Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 8:11pm
post #22 of 27
Originally Posted by drakegore

here is the link to her terrific video:

Edna thumbs_up.gif

tracey1970 Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 2:35am
post #23 of 27

I got my tappits (after watching Edna use hers!!) from the source in the UK that makes them. They have a great selection, including the lower case funky alphabet, and love them! I plan to look into these JEM cutters too. This style is very nice.

Mickeebabe Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 3:14am
post #24 of 27


Are these individual letters? Or are they strips? Do they work kind of like a cookie cutter?


Kimberly : )

Originally Posted by tonedna

Here Debster
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

debster Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 3:36am
post #25 of 27

These funky ones we are talking of are strips, but up further there is a link to single letters by JEM. I want to try those , I have all the others and sometimes I struggle with those. I'm not a pro........... icon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 4:41am
post #26 of 27

Both of them work well..strips or separate ones..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:10pm
post #27 of 27

Country Kitchen also sells upper and lowercase tappits. =o) I just love them!! They are so cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%