Can Someone Please.......

Decorating By ingrid05 Updated 4 Apr 2009 , 10:51pm by ingrid05

ingrid05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ingrid05 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 4:02am
post #1 of 5

help me figure this out? Im new to cake decorating and so far I love every bit of it, but why is it that every time I bake a cake the sides of the cake browns faster and the center still has a ways to go? And then the outer edge gets hard and brown This is really disapointing to me and I wish someone can help me with this one. icon_sad.gif Thank you.

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 4:19am
post #2 of 5

Everything you need to know to make, assemble and decorate tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

You would probably be most interested in the Wilton cake preparation help links... Gives batter requirements by pan size/s, as well as recommended baking times and temps.

There's also info on using inverted flower nails as heating cores, and purchased/homemade bake even strips. And so much more.

HTH

bellabiaggio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellabiaggio Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 4:34am
post #3 of 5

I use a flower nail in any cake larger than 8 inches to ensure that the center cooks evenly and my edges do not brown too fast. Also, check the temperature on your oven to make sure that it is in fact the temp that you set it to and is not too hot or cool. Hope that helps!

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 5:17am
post #4 of 5

an oven thermometer will help you

ingrid05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ingrid05 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 10:51pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you everyone for your reply I will look into these info given.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%