Confession Time: Who Do You Have A Cake Crush On?

Decorating By AKA_cupcakeshoppe Updated 9 May 2009 , 6:49pm by Cake-Gal

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 4:01am
post #1 of 105

There are just some people here on CC who makes cakes that are so awesome you find yourself drooling while looking at the pictures, hoping and wishing you made the cake or, even better, were there in person to bask in its glorious beauty (or eat it!) Then you find yourself...stalking their cakes, spending hours just browsing through their gallery of delicious art. And eventhough you have probably put every picture they have in your favorites and left comments, somehow you feel it's not enough. Your admiration is just too much, you cannot keep it to yourself anymore.

Well, this is the thread for that. Post your cake crush and why you are infatuated with their work/technique/style. Don't worry, they won't know. It's all anonymous (NOT!)

I'll go first.

jkalman. jkalman. jkalman. (said in this way Britain, Britain, Britain)
You are such an inspiration. Your cakes are beyond awesome from the bobblehead cake to the simple and elegant cake you made for your sister. Your work is precise, clean, well thought out and conceptually stunning. I am embarrassed to admit how many hours I have spent looking through your pictures. Please don't ask me to. I hope my unabashed declaration of my admiration for your work will not stop you from posting those delectable pictures. Thank you for sharing your work and your talent and creativity with mere cake mortals like me.

Wanna know what I'm talking about? Check out her gallery here

okay. YOUR TURN! icon_biggrin.gif

104 replies
luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 5:21am
post #2 of 105

I looked at jkalman's gallery

I think I may start pastry-stalking icon_lol.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 5:32am
post #3 of 105

lol you guys are funny, she does beautiful work..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 5:44am
post #4 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakeshoppe

jkalman. jkalman. jkalman. (said in this way Britain, Britain, Britain)
here
icon_biggrin.gif

icon_eek.gif wow I have a crush now

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 5:56am
post #5 of 105

The two I admire the most (criteria to get this honour is based on number of their cakes I have saved lol) are...

1. tonedna - for her beautifully artistic, original and elegant designs, her use of different techniques and her ability to make an all white cake pop.

2. jaklotz1 - for her precision, her unique and innovative designs and bold use of colours.

**edited to add**

If I knew how to link their galleries I would lol icon_razz.gif

shelly-101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly-101 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 6:04am
post #6 of 105

OK i admit it, yes i have a huge cake crush on pish and as vlin28 said if i knew how to link her gallery i would. icon_biggrin.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 6:21am
post #7 of 105

I have a major crush on MacsMom, the most underrated decorator here on CC LOL. I only say that because she creates so many masterpieces, they cannot possibly all be seen by mere mortal-kind. Then, do we even need to mention Sugarshack and Aine2?? I mean, they are just so obvious. All three of the above-mentioned decorators blow me away not only with their skills, but also with their generosity with regard to how much they share with the decorating community. There are about a gazillion more. Antonia74, jkalman and tonedna (yes indeed!), ShirleyW (now gone on CC but you can find her on Flickr)...so many more. Too many to choose from!

luvsfreebies72 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 6:24am
post #8 of 105

Macsmom has a special place in my heart for the cake flavors lol

gimme a good, unusual yummy sumpin' sumpin' to eat and I am YOURS LOL icon_lol.gif

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 6:35am
post #9 of 105

My vote is for a cookie artist: TracyLH . I have no desire to do cookies but you can spot her work a mile away. She makes me want to try it..even though I am not that patient for all the detail she puts in. She makes me green with envy. icon_redface.gif (in a good way).

ivgotahalo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ivgotahalo Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 6:46am
post #10 of 105

Hello.,.. My name is Tiffany, and I am a cake stalker. i LOVE Aine2's work! I have seen EVERY video she makes. I am her friend on Facebook. AND... I ALMOST have my husband convinced that I MUST go to NYC in October to take her classes!

Wow... it feels good to get that off my chest!
haha

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 6:47am
post #11 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsfreebies72

gimme a good, unusual yummy sumpin' sumpin' to eat and I am YOURS LOL icon_lol.gif

I totally agree! Macsmom would have to be my cake crush! I have learned to so much from her! Not to mention all the yummy goodness she has shared in the gourmet flavors thread. Oh yeah, not that I have to mention her cakes but...her cakes rock too! I see her cakes and say to myself..."I want to be like her when I grow up"!

Honestly, there are too many cake divas on CC to pick one or even five!

luvsfreebies72 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 7:40am
post #12 of 105

[quote="lindambc"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsfreebies72

I totally agree! Macsmom would have to be my cake crush! I have learned to so much from her! Not to mention all the yummy goodness she has shared in the gourmet flavors thread. Oh yeah, not that I have to mention her cakes but...her cakes rock too! I see her cakes and say to myself..."I want to be like her when I grow up"!

Honestly, there are too many cake divas on CC to pick one or even five![/quote]THAT is so true!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 4:04pm
post #13 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceshell

I have a major crush on MacsMom, the most underrated decorator here on CC LOL. I only say that because she creates so many masterpieces, they cannot possibly all be seen by mere mortal-kind. Then, do we even need to mention Sugarshack and Aine2?? I mean, they are just so obvious. All three of the above-mentioned decorators blow me away not only with their skills, but also with their generosity with regard to how much they share with the decorating community.

Truer words were never spoken!!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 4:19pm
post #14 of 105

I have Mad Mad love for ThanhThanh icon_redface.gif

I also love Tonedna's work thumbs_up.gif

I also love Adven68 icon_wink.gif

There is so many but those are the 3 I secretly wish to be!! icon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 4:22pm
post #15 of 105

My first is Fairytale... her work is incredible.
Gallery: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-Fairytale.html

Aine2 comes in a close second tied with Tonedna.....

As well, all these ladies are gracious and helpful --and humble. They never turn away a person who needs help. I think that is the mark of an excellent decorator.

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 4:24pm
post #16 of 105

WHAT, where do i start,im only going to mention a .........Sugarshack,macsmom,pish,Aine2,Antonia74,jkalman etc.I forgot to ask can i have just one or many

jolly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolly Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 4:28pm
post #17 of 105

its edna, with out a doubt , your work is amazing you should have won that wedding cake contest, i love and look foward to many more videos, they are so helpful and she is so pretty, i just love her accent, i to spend hours looking at her work and some day if im ever in florida i would love to take a class or spend the day decorating with her. she is my cake hero. peace, dennis

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 4:35pm
post #18 of 105

Edna. Edna. Edna. I just have a crush on her. period. her accent is so sexy and I love her videos icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks everyone for adding to my crush list icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 4:51pm
post #19 of 105

lol..I got to say I got so many people in my list...And you guys have already mention lots of my favorites..Everyone has such a different style and workmanship, is just great to be around such wonderful group of cake decorators..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 5:03pm
post #20 of 105

There are so many fabulously talented people on here, it's hard to choose but the one person that I could stare at her cakes all day is Antonia74 www.marmaladecakecompany.com
I love that she uses BC...

K'ly

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 6:09pm
post #21 of 105

Haha...I found out how to link them...was so easy dohhh! Just needed to open up their gallery page and copy the url from the top of the browser LOL.

So here goes:

jaklotz1 - http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-jaklotz1.html

tonedna - http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-tonedna.html

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 4:38am
post #22 of 105

thanks for sharing the links vlin28!

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 7:11am
post #23 of 105

Haa i should have done the link thing.............not turning inti JanH, lol

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 6:38pm
post #25 of 105

JenniferMI icon_biggrin.gif

Her cakes are amazing! Her flowers are perfect!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-JenniferMI.html

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 8:54pm
post #26 of 105

Edna of course, and the others already mentioned.

And Emma, who I haven't seen on here in ages (emmascakes). Where did she get to? You could spot an emma cake a mile away.

Also tutugirl--I have tons of her beautiful and simply perfect cakes saved.

Sharon of Sharon's Sugar Shack.

icon_smile.gif

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 8:55pm
post #27 of 105

Also let's not forget Peggylicious. Incomparable!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 9:11pm
post #28 of 105

JenniferMI for one, her cakes are flawless and bring a whole new meaning to simple elegance. Plus I adore her DVDs.

There are a number of others too, but sadly some have left CC for good. I don't even know where I would start a list like that though... icon_rolleyes.gif

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 9:16pm
post #29 of 105

toneda...I think she has an amazing way of using color
aine2.....creative and a wonderful ambassador for sugar artistry
sugarshack.....beautiful work and motivates all levels to learn and enjoy
buddy valasco......just plain beautiful cakes
jkalman (spell?), macsmom, and many others
THANKS to all of you for sharing, being supportive, and making it such a fun art to learn about!!

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 9:41pm
post #30 of 105

jaklotz and jkalman- About 75% of my faves gallery is devoted to their cakes!!! I love the designs, the colors, the perfection!!!

tamivo - http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-tamivo.html

jewelsb78 - Best cupcaker!!! http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-jewelsb78.html

milliegonza - She has such fun designs and so well done! http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-milliegonza.html

SweetDreamsAT - Along with TracyLH these two have the coolest cookies ever!!!! http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-SweetDreamsAT.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%