Rkt Cake...icing

Decorating By cakes4ck Updated 4 Apr 2009 , 11:53pm by thelittlecakehouse

cakes4ck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes4ck Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 1:59am
post #1 of 4

Ok, I am about to start my rkt cake for my daughter's bday. I have looked on here and got lots of great tips for this special cake. I see many use fondant over the rkt and peel it off before eating. I like the look, but hate the taste. I want to try Michele Foster's fondant but afraid it may be too thin as others say it melts into bc. I wont be using bc on it.
Another picture in the gallery shows individual rkt cakes that are adorable using candy melts as the icing. Not sure I want to do this as that is a lot of ind. bags to carry in. Then online I see many have used cookie cutters/pans to make shapes and then ice or candy melt them. So, any suggestions. There are so many decisions to make and I need to decide this weekend so I can get the stuff to make it.

3 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 9:19am
post #2 of 4

what exactly are u making with the RKT, is it actually a simple cake shape? do you know how you want to decorte it, or are u needing some inspirtion too?
i personally would cover it with bc, so its nice and smooth, then the fondant (not tried MFF, but i believe the melting itsnt melting as in disapearing, just fusing nicely, but there are other recipes u could try, or else buy a different brand, there are good ones out there.). if you dont want to use BC, then you could cover the shape with chocolate too, to get it smooth for the fondant.
xx

cakes4ck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes4ck Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 7:11pm
post #3 of 4

I am a little perplexed with the design as I keep switching back and forth. She first saw a tiered caked with stripes and dots with the #5 and a roller skate made of choc. on the side. I personally like the molded roller skates. But, I also want something that isn't too messy to deal with so that is why I thought of the stars on a stick.
The roller rink doesn't allow cake or cupcakes, only rice krispies and cookies. She said she wanted rice krispies so I am trying to figure out a way to do them like a cake. Guess, I am just a bit scared it will be a total flub as I have never done one before.
My dd loves everything. Even though she picks out one she would probably be happy with anything. It is just me trying to make it extra special for her by giving her what she wants.

thelittlecakehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thelittlecakehouse Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 11:53pm
post #4 of 4

I made choconilla RKT cake by forming layers in 6" pans and "iced" it with chocolate buttercream. It was just a little cake to serve 5 kids and was a hit.

hthImage

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%