Do You Deliver Cakes That Are Already Stacked.............

Decorating By tannersmom Updated 4 Apr 2009 , 4:10am by tannersmom

tannersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tannersmom Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 1:52am
post #1 of 10

I have a three tier cake to deliver tomorrow. It'a about a 35 min drive. My layers are 12, 10, and 8. SHould I wait and stack the cake when I get there and finish it on site or stacke it at home and pray real hard that it makes it there. I'm using separator plates and plastic dowels for support. I'm thinking that finishing it on site will be my safest alternative. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

Stephanie

9 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 2:10am
post #2 of 10

I deliver most of mine unassembled. Ironically, I have 2 for delivery tomorrow and I am delivering them partially assembled (with a dowel going down thru the 2 tiers (3rd tier to be added when I deliver it).

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 2:39am
post #3 of 10

ARGH! Indy, I showed you SPS! Do I have to come up there again?????

tannersmom Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 2:46am
post #4 of 10

You girls are so funny! I was thinking: decorate and dowel cakes at home and them assemble when I get there. Do people actually do this. Is it appropriate?

indydebi Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 2:50am
post #5 of 10

(cringing in terror and ducking for cover!) I just haven't ordered them yet! I got a silly accountant guy yellling about silly April 15th deadline or something!

indydebi Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 2:54am
post #6 of 10

tannersmom, why would you think it's inappropriate to assemble on site? No way am I carrying in a 6 tier cake already assembled. That only happens on comedy movies when you just KNOW a speeding car is going to come down the street, jump onto the sidewalk and cream into the big cake. It's the only reason a 6-tier cake is carried while assembled ... for the movie special effects! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

leah_s Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 2:55am
post #7 of 10

[quote="indydebi"](cringing in terror and ducking for cover!) I just haven't ordered them yet! I got a silly accountant guy yellling about silly April 15th deadline or something![/quote

accountant smaccountant

Heck we can't even get a call in to ours she's so far in the weeds. Not a good sign.

dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 3:01am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tannersmom

You girls are so funny! I was thinking: decorate and dowel cakes at home and them assemble when I get there. Do people actually do this. Is it appropriate?

Yep, people do this! I used to, until I ordered Sharon Zambitos stacking video. I love it and have had the best luck with it! thumbs_up.gif

http://www.sugaredproductions.com/Successful_Stacking_DVD.html

leah_s Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 3:07am
post #9 of 10

I prestack whatever I can lift, using SPS. Then assemble the rest onsite.

tannersmom Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 4:10am
post #10 of 10

Well, you know the public. They are so picky. I certainly thought it was ok but was sure how other people would react to decorating onsite.
Thanks for the website. I will check it out.

Stephanie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%