Dough Boy

Baking By Hollygb22 Updated 3 Apr 2009 , 11:07pm by Hollygb22

Hollygb22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollygb22 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 8:11pm
post #1 of 8

For those of you that have it...is it worth the $60 investment? One thing I'm not so good at...getting consistent thickness when i roll my dough..some cookies are a great thickness, others too thin.

I have about $400 from cookie orders in the past 2 weeks...i just spend 83$ on some cutters..and I've been debating about the dough-boy.

Just wondering if this is a must get item and if those who have it use it all the time or don't bother to drag it out

Thanks!

7 replies
Hollygb22 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 8

I was up really late last night...

i meant dough board obviously not a dough boy!! sorry!

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 8:25pm
post #3 of 8

Hollygb22
I haven't used it yet - it just came in the mail an hour ago. I can tell you already, I'm going to absolutely love. Before I was using dowels and masking tape and it took me forever to get set up.
This is great and comes with a long rolling pin. I say go for it

aobodessa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aobodessa Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 8

Holly, I feel your pain. I used to have the same problem. Are you using the "spacers" that fit over the ends of your rolling pin? I'm afraid I am not familiar with a "dough board", so I don't know if it will be a decent investment.

I've actually rigged up a couple of pieces of wood the thickness I want my cookies to be, and placed them apart from each other. Then I put my dough between 2 sheets of parchment and roll until the dough is of uniform thickness.

HTH,

Odessa

aobodessa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aobodessa Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 8:41pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:

Thanks. This is similar to what I described I do myself. Hey, Hollygb, if you find a money tree with extra on it, order me one, too!! lol

I say, use it and enjoy.

Odessa

toleshed Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 8:43pm
post #7 of 8

Mine was for my birthday. Cookie making tomorrow.

Hollygb22 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 11:07pm
post #8 of 8

thanks for all your replies...

I'm debating on whether to spring and get it...it'd be easier if I just didn't go buck wild and order about 70$ worth of new cutters!!! Foose Cookie Cutters is having 40% off today and tomorrow online..i couldn't resist!!!!

Plus this cookie money's been burning a hole in my pocket..half went into saving and I said it was time to reinvest a little!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%