Buffalo Bettercreme? (Ironic, No?)

Decorating By JillK Updated 30 Apr 2009 , 3:09pm by foxymomma521

JillK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillK Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 6

Rich's Bettercreme is manufactured in my fair city of Buffalo, N.Y. However, I can't seem to find it in any of the local stores. icon_rolleyes.gif Sigh.

There's at least one place in the city proper (Bakemark) that carries it, I believe, but they're not open hours when I can get there!

I'm not a business, so I don't believe I can get it wholesale ...

Can any of my fellow Western New Yorkers help me? Please? icon_biggrin.gif

(P.S. -- Technically, I'm in Tonawanda. Due to work hours, kids, etc., it can be difficult for me to get into the city, but I can do it if I know it's going to pay off! icon_razz.gif)

Thanks.

5 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 6

I'm not a NYer, but ...in the past, there was a thread that stated that Rich's would sell to the public but it was more expensive to get it there than one of their distributors.

P.S. I would love to be so close to a BakeMark!!!!!!!!!!!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 6

I have the same prob of never getting to the city... but Twin Bakery Supply carries it icon_smile.gif
647 E Eagle St # 1
Buffalo, NY 14210
(716) 855-2408

JillK Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 6:51pm
post #4 of 6

Hey, thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

Hopefully their hours are a little better than Bakemark's. icon_razz.gif

JillK Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 2:18pm
post #5 of 6

A bit of a bump and some new information for this. icon_razz.gif

I finally acquired some Bettercreme at Bakemark. Yay! I'm going to frost/fill cupcakes with it tonight. They had several different sizes and both the vanilla and chocolate.

The new information: I guess Rich's has an outlet store called the Red Brick Market on Niagara Street. (How I missed this, I have no idea ...) I'm dying to go there and check out the prices. Even more interesting ... they're having a truckload sale at 7 a.m. July 15.

Here's what they say about that: "Truckload sales are close-out items sold only by the case at even greater discounts. They are generally held on a designated Saturday morning in the parking lot directly behind the market. Cases are sold right off the truck and are cash and carry only. Items change from sale to sale. There is generally a 4 case limit to each item."

So, no guarantees that Bettercreme could be available. But no guarantees that it isn't! icon_wink.gif I may haul myself down there just in case.

Thanks to those who helped me out. I hope this helps you!

1197 Niagara Street
Buffalo, NY 14213
716-878-8601
www.redbrickmarket.com

Hours: 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Mon - Fr
10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Sat.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 3:09pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks a ton!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%