Cheat Sheets For Customers

Business By SweetStuff30 Updated 7 Apr 2009 , 6:37am by starra328

SweetStuff30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetStuff30 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 2:56pm
post #1 of 14

Does anyone give out instruction sheets to their customers for stacked cakes on how to take them apart and how many dowels are in each layer, telling them which fondant pieces (gum paste) might be hard as a rock so dont eat them..... or how to take apart a #D cake or an instruction sheets on how to cut the cake? This probley dosnt apply for wedding cakes (cuz the staff at the venue usually knows) , but this is more for all the other cakes where they cut them themselves.

Just wondering because i hate having to explain to each customer how to take it apart, how many dowls and things they need to know (they usually forget everything i say anyways) DOes anyone have a diagram to show them how the cake is built and stuff? (most ppl i know of have no clue that theres dowels in cakes) Just curiouse if anyone does this as i really want to start doing it! But i dont have the computer programs to beable to do it! LOL

not sure if this has been talked about on here.

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

13 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 3:29pm
post #2 of 14

I don't have a program to do it either but it's a great idea. icon_smile.gif

*bump*

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 4:16pm
post #3 of 14

for tiered cakes, I give them IndyDebs instructions..they are terrific! (and I dont use dowels...I stopped using them years ago. I use SPS even for party cakes)

3D cakes sometimes they will ask me how to cut them and I will kind of show them on the cake the best way. (I always warn them to not cut the teddy bears in front of the children!) hahaha

CakeDiva73 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 4:20pm
post #4 of 14

Are the tiered cake instructions posted here? I also use the SPS system, I like it much better than dowels.

SweetStuff30 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 4:23pm
post #5 of 14

the sps system is not availble where i am from so i can only use bubble tea straws or dowels! Im so curiouse if anyone does this!! please reply if u do!!

Thanks icon_smile.gif

poohthebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohthebear Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 4:29pm
post #6 of 14

Ok I just have to know what SPS system is?

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 4:30pm
post #7 of 14

The tired cake instructions are on indydebi's web site www.cateritsimple.com

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 4:33pm
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohthebear

Ok I just have to know what SPS system is?

me too!

SweetStuff30 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 4:36pm
post #9 of 14

theres lots of posts for SPS system, just do a search.. im reallllllly looking to get some answers with the orginal topic here plz!icon_smile.gif thanks!!

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 4:38pm
post #10 of 14

Everything you wanted to know about SPS.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-603925.html

Caralinc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caralinc Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 4:42pm
post #11 of 14

poohthebear
The SPS = Single Plate Support System. I just learned what this is also. Looks great! They are located under the "How Do I" Forum. leahs provided great instructions. Good luck.

SweetStuff30 - I think you are on to something here having written instructions. They would be very helpful and I can see Client's forgetting the instructions provided. I have not seen any on here. I was searching through the template files yesterday and I did not come across anything like this. Sorry I am no help.

CakeDiva73 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 5:03pm
post #12 of 14

Are the tiered cake instructions posted here? I also use the SPS system, I like it much better than dowels.

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 9:45pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetStuff30

the sps system is not availble where i am from so i can only use bubble tea straws or dowels! Im so curiouse if anyone does this!! please reply if u do!!

Thanks icon_smile.gif

I also use bubble tea straws and dowels never had a problem with them I dont want to worry about getting the sps system back or have to charge the client more because I'm using them. Another price added to the cake plus another item to keep in stock or order each time you need them not knowing what sizes you will need. Just more inventory.

As for the original question not to many ask about the cutting if they do I just explain it, most venues /carterers do the cutting and know how its done havent meet one yet that doesnt.

starra328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starra328 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 6:37am
post #14 of 14

I just read the instructions for sps ,they seem great ,i think i'm going to order some four a wedding cake i have i july.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%