Edible Gold Paint???

Decorating By tylercandace0305 Updated 3 Apr 2009 , 2:57pm by Brownie1954

tylercandace0305 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 2:44pm
post #1 of 3

May 2nd, I am making a 50th Wedding Anni. Cake and as we all know that means GOLD. I have never painted with gold paint onto icing. I am not really 100% sure what I am doing can some one give me some tips and directions for doing this. It is a 4 tiered ivory buttercream cake, with gold accents. I have heard you mix it with some kind of alcohol?? Is there anything else I can use?? HELP icon_cry.gif

2 replies
solascakes Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 2:55pm
post #2 of 3

Oh definitely ,you can just buy edible gold paint it is easier than mixing anything,you can check my pictures there is a lilac and gold 50th birthday one, i had to paint the flowers after they dried and then just used autumn leaves for the boarder and then painted with gold but it wasnt as deep as the flowers,it depends on the shade you are going for. Hope this helps.

Brownie1954 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 3

You can order if from Alber Uster. It comes already to paint with, or you can order it, and mix it with some vodka, then paint it. I have a wedding cake on May 30 where the leaves are gold, and the bride wants them edible. None of our stores around here carry it. Do you now if they do around you?

Quote by @%username% on %date%