Cake Stand Business Offer.....

Decorating By Brownie1954 Updated 3 Apr 2009 , 2:37pm by sweetcakes

Brownie1954 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 1:50pm
post #1 of 2

Hi all.....
I wanted to post this as I have never dealt with this before. Three days ago, at 4:20 am our phone rang (our phone number is the same as our fax number) It woke us up, and we couldn't believe we were getting a fax at that time of morning.
It was from a woman in Maryville TN offering us the chance to rent her patented Hightower Cake Stand. Four pages came with this fax. The first one was a confusion of misspelled words, and poor information on her product. Out of it, we managed to get that for $1000.00 a month, you could rent her cake stand. (the first month's rent would only be $500.00 so you could use the other $500.00 of $1000.00 to submit your design for the cake stand)
The whole idea for this stand is that you can have individual slices of cake on each removal plate of the stand. It was suggested that you can decorate each slice. The stand can be as short as 4 foot, or as high as 8. It can hold 50 slices up to 500. It can be made of glass, ceramic, crystal, or marble.
I would not rent anything from anyone for $1000.00 a month, but I did send her a short letter. I wanted to know why a customer would have to pay to design the stand, when they already have it designed? I asked questions about her business ( how long open, out of her home, who helps her with this?) how does a customer pay for it, how is that payment protected, who pays for the shipping of it, how is a contract signed for it, etc.
To end this...I got another fax from her last night, and she proceeded to call me names like dumba$$, cheapa$$, stupid, and then ended it with F----R
Guess I can say I insulted her with my questions? If I were to pay the amount she is asking for, then I would like to know more about her and her business. Oh well...just wanted to vent on this.... icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

1 reply
sweetcakes Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 2:37pm
post #2 of 2

shes the stupid a$$$ i hope you faxed it back at 3am!

Quote by @%username% on %date%