Cc's Twilight Fan Club

Lounge By cakes22 Updated 6 Jun 2009 , 1:18pm by kayla1505

cakes22 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 12:08pm
post #1 of 70

Just starting an area to discuss, as there seems to be a lot of fans of the books & movie.

Here is what I dream/think about:
I read MidnightSun online, and it was really interesting to know Edward's view on Bella, and how he impacted her. I would love to know if I had that same kinda effect on my DH?.
I really hope Stephanie Meyers continues with writing MS. She could probably do a Edward's version of all the books.

The movie was great. Though in another thread, some one had said that Laurent wasn't what they expected. I have to agree.

Team Edward all the way!! Woot Woot icon_lol.gif

69 replies
janelwaters Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 12:14pm
post #2 of 70

Hi, my name is Janel (34) and I'm a Twilight Addict! Member since the desperate measures thread! haha!!

My Twilight confession - I hated Bella in the movie.

I think I'm going to start re-reading the books this weekend. (I've never re-read a book - ever!)

Yea - Twilight and CC - my 2 favorite things!!

jdconcc Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 12:35pm
post #3 of 70

Hi I'm Claire and I'm such a huge fan of the twilight series. I've never had a love story impact me like this one it's so intense. I've read all the books and the last one twice.

I love the books so much but I have to say I saw the film first and loved it too. Robert Pattison is just perfect (in so many ways hee hee), but I also really liked the chemistry with Bella.

I really don't like the cover for twilight though they both look so odd on the photos.

I REALLY want a fifth book about Renesme growing up and the dynamic between Edward, Bella and Jacob explored as she gets older. The only other series to come close for me is the Cross stitch series by Diana Gabaldon.

Right not getting any peace from dd so I'm off but will be back soon.

JulyMama Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 5:31pm
post #4 of 70
Originally Posted by JustDarling

I really don't like the cover for twilight though they both look so odd on the photos.

I wonder if you have a different cover than north america? Ours is a picture of two hands holding an apple.

I wanted to put this in the other thread but I forgot.
On SM's website she says that she didn't want Edward to leave in NM, but he had to and she was upset the whole time she wrote it.
She also said that to really appreciate NM you should read it at least twice b/c the first time you read it, all you're going to be thinking about is when is Edward coming back.
So you won't really appreciate or enjoy NM.

That was totally true for me. The first time I read it I hated Jacob. I was pissed off that he was trying to be with Bella, and I really just wanted to skip over the middle of the book.
The second time I read it, I actually appreciated how much he helped Bella and how she was better because of him.

If you haven't read the saga more than once, I highly recommend it! I missed so much the first (and even second) time I read it.

Kpow Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 7:32pm
post #5 of 70

Definitely re-read them. I'd never re-read anything in my life either, but now I'm starting the series over for the 3rd time and am still finding new things in them! I really thought by now I'd be skipping parts because I would know them too well and be bored by them, but not at all. My only problem is that now that I've read the partial draft of Midnight Sun, I get a little confused on who said what in which book. But I would still LOVE for Stephenie Meyer to finish Midnight Sun, and maybe even write the other 3 from Edward's perspective. It's fascinating.

jdconcc Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 8:14pm
post #6 of 70

Originally Posted by JustDarling

I wonder if you have a different cover than north america? Ours is a picture of two hands holding an apple.

Yes we've got that one but once the film came out the cover shows Bella and Edward but it's strange IMHO, it's the same one used on the publicity. I bet you've seen it but it's probably me that just thinks they look a bit wierd.

I completely get what you said about NM, I found the Jacob bit really hard going (even though I skipped to the end at one point) I'll definitely have to re-read it.

The DVD comes out here on Monday, I can't wait to see it again.

kayla1505 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 9:52pm
post #7 of 70

oh yay twilight and cake ! what more could a girl ask for ? :winK:

I really loved the 1st book, the 2nd, new moon, not so much.

The whole time I was reading new moon I was upset. I mean I like Jacob, I just dont like Jacob with Bella. When I finished New Moon I was afarid to read Eclipse because I was worried she was gonna be with Jacob.

Team Edward all the way!!

My favorite book was Breaking Dawn. I think Stephanie ended it perfectly. I was feeling sorry for Jacob, but now he has his own mate icon_smile.gif

I wish she would write a book on Jacob and Renesmee

erinalicia Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 3:23am
post #8 of 70

I read all 4 books in about a week. I've never read that much that quickly. I couldn't put them down. I absolutely LOVE these books. I liked the movie, but it wasn't the greatest, not really what I had envisioned, but it was decently done.

I also hope that Meyers finishes Midnight Sun. I liked getting Edward's side of the story. icon_smile.gif

JaneK Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 1:17am
post #9 of 70

I haven't spent much time in the forums lately but I LOVE Twilight...the books, the movie..the lot!! How about RPattz????? OMG icon_eek.gifthumbs_up.gif
I am 100 pages into Midnight Sun....loving it!! I hope she finishes it.

I can't wait for New Moon to come out! Have you seen the 3 disc DVD with the kissing Montage...well... icon_lol.gif very, very nice!!

cakes22 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:27pm
post #10 of 70

I haven't re-read any of the books, but I think I will now. My daughter is just reading New Moon & she is all upset cause Edward is gone. She is begging me to tell her what happens, but I just torment her "Edward's gone.....And there is Jacob ready to swoop Bella up" teehee.

I have to say, that I wasn't a fan of the last book. Just seemed too much & I really felt that the characters changed too much, especially Bella. IMHO.

pugmama1 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 5:27am
post #11 of 70

Wow- I didn't know there was a forum on Twilight! I, too, have reread and rewatched and it made a difference. The first time I saw the movie I kept comparing it to the book and it was good but didn't quite live up to the book. The second time I watched the movie it was just for the movie and I loved it. Yes, I have seen it a 3rd time also now that I have a copy.
As for New Moon, I didn't like it the first time until Edward reappeared but this time around I see what you are all saying. While reading it the second time it didn't seem to drag as much and I did appreciate what Jacob did for her. Having seen the movie, it's nice to have faces for the characters and you know they grow on you. This is crazy stuff- I am 58 and putting myself right back into high school. Right now, in my mind, I will keep rereading and rewatching on occasion for a long, long time.

bellatrixothersis Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 12:25pm
post #12 of 70

Read all the books and did not go to the movies to see it. I had created pictures in my head and did not want them messed up! I knew just from the commercials that what was in my head-- no way matched any of the characters they picked to play the parts..Finally rented Twilight and Hated it! Too slow, too much teenage agony in each word. Dr. Cullen should have been older.. the books had so much potential...maybe they didn't have the financial support to create a better quality movie? But all this being said.. I will be interested to see what they do with the next one..But Team Edward Go! (I like Jacob book version too)

JaneK Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 9:09pm
post #13 of 70

I think New Moon has a much bigger budget so it'll be fantastic I think!! There are rpattz pics including him on the set of New Moon..and they are all over don't have to look far..that's for sure!

I am not young..over 50 and there are many, many fans that are in the same age group! I never figured I'd be loving a teenage vampire!

Kpow Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 1:24pm
post #14 of 70

Cakes22, I felt the same way you did about Breaking Dawn the first time I read it. But when I reread it, I loved it. If you read it again, I'd be curious to see if you have the same reaction.

jer702 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 8:01pm
post #15 of 70

I just have to point blame at everyone on here. I just started reading the series after reading the orginal post, I finished Twilight Saturday night, and finished New Moon last night. I don't understand why its sooo hard to just walk away from the book..I read 500 pages in one day, can you imagine what little I accomplished yesterday icon_lol.gif I'm picking up book 3 today after work and I will try hard to read very s-l-o-w-l-y because I'm not ready to finish the seriess

oh also, i've been on twilightmoms forums all day today at work.. tapedshut.gif

Kpow Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 8:48pm
post #16 of 70

Just an FYI to the CC Twilight fans: Stephenie Meyer's "adult" (not quite sure why it's billed that way) novel "The Host" was on 1/2 off sale at Borders last weekend, so I bought it, though the general premise of it didn't really appeal to me like the Twilight books did. (I'm not a science fiction girl.) But I started it last Sunday, and after getting past the first few slow chapters, I really started enjoying it. It actually got like the Twilight books, to where I was reading it every spare minute and couldn't put it down at night. I finished it yesterday and would definitely recommend it to Twilight fans. I hope Stephenie is writing something else right now, because I've now read everything she's ever written, and need more!

bellatrixothersis Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 9:26pm
post #17 of 70

Kpow--thanks for that.. I started The Host also and just could not get into it.. so based on what you said I will try again. I too am in my early 50's -and always loved vampire series. I also love Johnny Depp but that's another story....hmmm..vampires and pirates..

cakes22 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:47pm
post #18 of 70

Have any of you heard Robert Pattinson's song? I'm not sure if it is from the movie or not, but my DD played it for me yesterday and OMG the boy should stick to acting.
I think if you google Robert Pattinson song/singing it will come up.

I picked up The Host the other day, but haven't had time to read it yet. I think I will re-read the Twilight books first.

jer702 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 7:56pm
post #19 of 70

So it figures...the minute i'm totally hooked and can't breathe without thinking about twilight, you guys have moved on to bigger and better things. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I need help

Kpow Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:02pm
post #20 of 70

Oh, don't worry, Jer702, it doesn't take much to get true Twilight fans fired up....just post your questions/thoughts/feelings about the books and I'm sure we'll all be chiming in!

jer702 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:10pm
post #21 of 70

oh good, just making sure I wasn't the only one out there. I'm only about half way through book 3, but omg i'm so hooked its not even funny. I've never re-read a book, but I have plans already of reading the whole series over once i'm done because I catch myself reading so fast in order to see whats going to happen next.

Kpow Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:14pm
post #22 of 70

That's exactly what I ended up doing - for exactly the same reason! And reading them the second time was almost just as enjoyable for me because I already knew the big things that happened (and how they were resolved!) and I could concentrate on the little details.

jer702 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:21pm
post #23 of 70

Oh I agree, plus thats the excuse i'm telling my hubby..when really, its just because I can't get enough of Edward (sigh) icon_redface.gif

Kpow Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:26pm
post #24 of 70

I can sympathize with that! Have you read the partial draft of Midnight Sun (Twilight from Edward's point of view) on Stephenie Meyer's website? That will make you even MORE in love with him! It's KILLING me that she hasn't finished that book!

jer702 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:34pm
post #25 of 70

No I haven't but I sure will once i'm done with 4. I feel so much better getting this off my chest icon_lol.gif

Kpow Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:46pm
post #26 of 70

That's what CC is here for -- cake advice and Twilight catharsis! icon_lol.gif

jer702 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:55pm
post #27 of 70

I've actually been bad this week, cause I've neglected CC and has been on twilight mom all week reading the forum....I just needed my fix icon_twisted.gif

Kpow Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:59pm
post #28 of 70

I read that site every day! (Along with several others!) My two faves: Touched by Twilight and Twilight-The Movie sites.

jer702 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 9:03pm
post #29 of 70

Thanks, I'll have to check those out.

cakes22 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 11:58am
post #30 of 70

bumped the post

Quote by @%username% on %date%