Help!!! I Need 4" High Cakes Measures Please!!!

Decorating By Cenell Updated 4 Apr 2009 , 2:34pm by Rendee

Cenell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cenell Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 6:14am
post #1 of 15

Can somebody help me? I bought a 4" high cake pans & I don't know how many cups of batter I have to put in each. icon_cry.gif I'm affraid of make the batter & that need more or need less. I'm so frustated. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Please If someone knows how many please let me know. My molds are 6", 8", 10" 12" & 14" by 4" high Mold.

14 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 6:39am
post #2 of 15

Just fill the pans with water to whatever height you would want the batter to be, and then measure how much water that is.

If you want them half-full, fill them half-full with water and then measure how much water that is.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 7:30pm
post #4 of 15

Dang, quadruplicate post?

Does that set a record for the number of duplicate posts in various forums or what? LOL

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 9:14pm
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

Just fill the pans with water to whatever height you would want the batter to be, and then measure how much water that is.

If you want them half-full, fill them half-full with water and then measure how much water that is.

Do you guys REALLY measure your batter by cups? icon_confused.gif I cant' imagine doing that.

If you want the pans half full, then fill them half full. If you're going to fill them half full, why do you need to measure it in cups? Just fill it half full.

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 9:24pm
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

Do you guys REALLY measure your batter by cups? icon_confused.gif I cant' imagine doing that.

If you want the pans half full, then fill them half full. If you're going to fill them half full, why do you need to measure it in cups? Just fill it half full.

I measure my batter into my pans because I'm super anal retentive and want each layer to be exactly the same

pattycakes55d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes55d Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 1:51am
post #7 of 15

Would you put a flower nail in because of the height?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 2:41am
post #8 of 15

Yes, I measure the batter I put in the pans. But I would never in a million years bake in a 4" deep pan. Never.

Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 4:05am
post #9 of 15

Try doing it by weight, ladies!! That should give you the most clear and consistent cakes! A cup of batter can be a few ounces off from one to the nexe due to factors like humidity and Phone calls... LOL... The phone call interruption means that extra air may have been beaten into your mix, so it would weigh a little bit less than a regular cup... but if you weigh it, it doesn't weigh air, so it all works out... That's what I've always done in all the bakeries I have ever worked in... HTH

Diana

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 4:08am
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

Yes, I measure the batter I put in the pans. But I would never in a million years bake in a 4" deep pan. Never.

They make 4" high cake pans? I've seen 3" pans, but never 4".

luvsfreebies72 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 6:21am
post #11 of 15

I didn't even catch the 4" thing.. yikes

Rendee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rendee Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 6:34am
post #12 of 15

Leah why don't you bake in 4 in? I am just curious, does the cake bake diferently?? I only have 2 in btw.

luvsfreebies72 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 7:14am
post #13 of 15

it would bake differently, yes

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 11:19am
post #14 of 15

Yes, it totally bakes different. That's a thick layer of batter in that 4" pan. I do believe that you bake fruit cakes in four inch pans, though. That's probably what they are designed for, not American style cakes or sponge cakes.

Rendee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rendee Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 2:34pm
post #15 of 15

ok thanks for letting me know. I will steer clear of the 4 inchers! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%