Help!!! I Need 4" High Cakes Measures Please!!!

Español By Cenell Updated 3 Apr 2009 , 7:27pm by KoryAK

Cenell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cenell Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 6:10am
post #1 of 6

Can somebody help me? I bought a 4" high cake pans & I don't know how many cups of batter I have to put in each. icon_cry.gif I'm affraid of make the batter & that need more or need less. I'm so frustated. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif . Please If someone knows how many please let me know. My molds are 6", 8", 10" 12" & 14" by 4" high Mold.

5 replies
Eme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eme Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 6:18am
post #2 of 6

I've never heard of 4" cake pans and have only seen guidelines for 2" or 3". What I have done before is to take a one cup measure and measure out water into the pans to see how much they will hold. I don't think I would go much over half full and definitely use an upside down flower nail to help with the baking in the center.

HTH

CakeDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDesigns Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 3:18pm
post #3 of 6

Contact the manufacturer, usually they have the information. I bought some Fat Daddio pans (which I'm not to happy with but that's another story) and they emailed me the batter capacity.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cenell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cenell Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 6:24pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks Girls for all your help.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 7:27pm
post #6 of 6

Personally, I would never bake a cake 4" tall. It will be so dry and hard edged by the time the center is done. You can still use the pans with less batter of course, but I never bake a cake over 2"... 2.5" if I am in a pinch.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%