What Do I Put The Cake In?

Decorating By Creative_chika Updated 3 Apr 2009 , 3:14am by sweet1122

Creative_chika Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 11:32pm
post #1 of 6

I have a friend who wants me to make a two tier cake. HE will be picking it up and traveling about an hour to the place where the birthday party will be. What can I put the cake in so it doesnt get messed up. I'm pretty sure that a regular cake box won't work. Not sure what my options are. Please help! icon_confused.gif

5 replies
abruntz Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 11:42pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative_chika

I have a friend who wants me to make a two tier cake. HE will be picking it up and traveling about an hour to the place where the birthday party will be. What can I put the cake in so it doesnt get messed up. I'm pretty sure that a regular cake box won't work. Not sure what my options are. Please help! icon_confused.gif

YOu can always call the shipping store and have them make a box to fit your cake tall and width wise (well the size of your boards. Then line the bottom with some foam from the fabric store I wouldn't put a lid on it and set it on the passenger side floor board with some grippy stuff underneath so he can keep an eye on it while hes driving that is what I would do.

grammynan Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 11:45pm
post #3 of 6

I've done this before. I went to WalMart and bought a 14x14x14 packing box from the office supply area. I put the box on it's side and slid the cake in from the side instead of dropping the cake in from the top. Tape up the side (which is really the top of the box), and the customer can just slide the cake out of the box when it gets to the destination. Very easy and "pretty tricky"!!

kakeladi Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 11:51pm
post #4 of 6

Wal-Mart; Office Max; Staples etc all sell big shipping boxes. Find one close to the size of the cake and cut down one side; slip the cake into the box and tape the cut side back into place.

Another option for smaller tiered cakes is to take two cake boxes the same size, put only the back side locks together, now slip one box into the other; close the front flaps. You will have to tape the lids together - they will be up....only slightly able to come together. Hope you can understand this icon_smile.gif

Creative_chika Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 12:50am
post #5 of 6

Great ideas!!! Thanks so much!

sweet1122 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 3:14am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammynan

I've done this before. I went to WalMart and bought a 14x14x14 packing box from the office supply area. I put the box on it's side and slid the cake in from the side instead of dropping the cake in from the top. Tape up the side (which is really the top of the box), and the customer can just slide the cake out of the box when it gets to the destination. Very easy and "pretty tricky"!!

Wow, I bought this same box, but didn't think to put it on its side! Thanks for posting this!!! I love these boxes. So sturdy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%