Glace For Sugar Cookies.........help

Baking By izzy1953 Updated 2 Apr 2009 , 2:47pm by izzy1953

izzy1953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzy1953 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:34pm
post #1 of 6

i have been searching the recipes for toba's glace for sugar cookies, but ok.............i just can't locate it. having a really bad day anyway. i'm trying to quit smoking (no cigarette since 3-30-09 10:00 am ...yeah me!)and i'm on a diet..........how do you people think i really feel? grrrrr!! can someone help me locate it? not to mention, i live in south georgia and its steadily raining, raining, raining...............can't bake cookies in this kind of humidity............jeez..........can't smoke..........can't eat..........what is a girl to do?

5 replies
Melonie1005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melonie1005 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:39pm
post #2 of 6

Here you go! I feel you about the rain!

Toba Garrett's Glace' Icing
Serves/Yields:
Prep. Time:
Cook Time:
Category: Cookies!
Difficulty: Easy

1 lb. confectioners' sugar
3/8 cup milk
3/8 cup light corn syrup
flavoring as desired

In a mixing bowl, mix the sugar and milk first. Add corn syrup just until combined.
Divide to flavor and add color.

swtness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swtness Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:42pm
post #3 of 6

Hang in there! I quit about 5 1/2 years ago, and my husband just quit as well-it's definitely not easy, but soo worth it. Plus I heard something about cigs going up another .62 a pack (unless thats just in Florida) Anyhoo-sorry for the lame attempt at a pep talk......I think this is what you're looking for-

Serves/Yields:
Prep. Time:
Cook Time:
Category: Cookies!
Difficulty: Easy

1 lb. confectioners' sugar
3/8 cup milk
3/8 cup light corn syrup
flavoring as desired

In a mixing bowl, mix the sugar and milk first. Add corn syrup just until combined.
Divide to flavor and add color.

good luck thumbs_up.gif

izzy1953 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:48pm
post #4 of 6

thank you guys so much..........and thanks for the pep talk, it really does help to have someone supporting you! the stinking things are going up again. they were already almost $5.00 per pack and supposed to go up again......i don't think im throwing anymore money away on that. i'll buy baking supplies and equipment instead!

Melonie1005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melonie1005 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 2:17pm
post #5 of 6

Izzy you can do it! My husband quit 13 years ago and I am still proud of him. He tells me that I am addicted to cake and cookie decorating, and that is no lie. I can't go passed a craft store without buying something and now I order online so he won't know. icon_redface.gif I need more storage! icon_biggrin.gif If you ever need to talk I'm here for ya!

izzy1953 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 2:47pm
post #6 of 6

girl i feel ya with the ordering on line!!! but my husband is into barbque competition so......................his equipment and supplies are a bit more expensive than mine. im at work today and this rain is driving me nuts. you see i'm not working, but playing on cakecentral. i really can't concentrate......im looking out my window for tornadoes!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%