Glace For Sugar Cookies.........help

Baking By izzy1953 Updated 2 Apr 2009 , 2:47pm by izzy1953

izzy1953 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:34pm
post #1 of 6

i have been searching the recipes for toba's glace for sugar cookies, but ok.............i just can't locate it. having a really bad day anyway. i'm trying to quit smoking (no cigarette since 3-30-09 10:00 am ...yeah me!)and i'm on a diet..........how do you people think i really feel? grrrrr!! can someone help me locate it? not to mention, i live in south georgia and its steadily raining, raining, raining...............can't bake cookies in this kind of humidity............jeez..........can't smoke..........can't eat..........what is a girl to do?

5 replies
Melonie1005 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:39pm
post #2 of 6

Here you go! I feel you about the rain!

Toba Garrett's Glace' Icing
Serves/Yields:
Prep. Time:
Cook Time:
Category: Cookies!
Difficulty: Easy

1 lb. confectioners' sugar
3/8 cup milk
3/8 cup light corn syrup
flavoring as desired

In a mixing bowl, mix the sugar and milk first. Add corn syrup just until combined.
Divide to flavor and add color.

swtness Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:42pm
post #3 of 6

Hang in there! I quit about 5 1/2 years ago, and my husband just quit as well-it's definitely not easy, but soo worth it. Plus I heard something about cigs going up another .62 a pack (unless thats just in Florida) Anyhoo-sorry for the lame attempt at a pep talk......I think this is what you're looking for-

Serves/Yields:
Prep. Time:
Cook Time:
Category: Cookies!
Difficulty: Easy

1 lb. confectioners' sugar
3/8 cup milk
3/8 cup light corn syrup
flavoring as desired

In a mixing bowl, mix the sugar and milk first. Add corn syrup just until combined.
Divide to flavor and add color.

good luck thumbs_up.gif

izzy1953 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:48pm
post #4 of 6

thank you guys so much..........and thanks for the pep talk, it really does help to have someone supporting you! the stinking things are going up again. they were already almost $5.00 per pack and supposed to go up again......i don't think im throwing anymore money away on that. i'll buy baking supplies and equipment instead!

Melonie1005 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 2:17pm
post #5 of 6

Izzy you can do it! My husband quit 13 years ago and I am still proud of him. He tells me that I am addicted to cake and cookie decorating, and that is no lie. I can't go passed a craft store without buying something and now I order online so he won't know. icon_redface.gif I need more storage! icon_biggrin.gif If you ever need to talk I'm here for ya!

izzy1953 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 2:47pm
post #6 of 6

girl i feel ya with the ordering on line!!! but my husband is into barbque competition so......................his equipment and supplies are a bit more expensive than mine. im at work today and this rain is driving me nuts. you see i'm not working, but playing on cakecentral. i really can't concentrate......im looking out my window for tornadoes!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%