I Have Cakers Block, Could Use A Little Help

Decorating By Caths_Cakes Updated 2 Apr 2009 , 10:29am by Melnick

Caths_Cakes Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 10:00am
post #1 of 4

its my sils birthday on the 12th april, shes having a party on the 11th and id really love to make something for her. but nothing is standing out to me and yelling 'do me do me' . Normally, i get an idea for a cake, search it, come up with a plan. . . and get really excited about it. This time round, ive came up with several ideas (shes a girly girl, so i thought handbags, flowers, chocolate, shoes, shes also a nurse and loves cats, her fave coloures are lilac and silver, so thought of them too) ive searched all these options and just nothing is taking me !!! do any of you have any favourite cakes you could share with me ? idealy, the whole decoration isnt to much of a problem for me, i just want it to be personal and heartfelt for her. Thanks in advance for any help at all!!!!!

3 replies
Bluehue Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 10:22am
post #2 of 4

Don't shoot me - icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif - BUT would cupcakes be out of the question?
I was just thinking - silver cases with white and lilac decorations on top of all her favourite things as you mentioned - shoes - handbags - cats flowers....etc etc etc

white cases with silver and lilac decorations.

A large square or round cake decorated once again with her lilac favourites around the sides and on the top of the cake.

yes? - no? - perhaps?

Sorry i am cooking dinner and thats all i have at the moment icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

Caths_Cakes Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 10:26am
post #3 of 4

thanks blue, Most apreciated !! cup cakes aint a bad idea, i never thought of conbining every thing together, i was just going for one detail points. still not sure what im gonna do. enjoy your dinner btw icon_smile.gif x

Melnick Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 10:29am
post #4 of 4

I love this cake http://www.flickr.com/photos/lecupcake/419809902/ - it seems very girly and feminine to me. If you like it, you could alter the colours to your lilac and silver.

Quote by @%username% on %date%