Can I Use Muffin Mix To Make Cake?

Decorating By AKA_cupcakeshoppe Updated 2 Apr 2009 , 4:10pm by AKA_cupcakeshoppe

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 9:31am
post #1 of 5

I realized it too late that it's muffin mix icon_sad.gif How do I turn it into cake? I bet it will be dense and heavy. It says to add 2/3 cup of water and that's it. Any suggestions? It's for my grandma's birthday and it's orange and poppy seed AND chocolate chip. So there'll be different flavor on each layer.

Thanks ladies!

4 replies
Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 10:02am
post #2 of 5

I would of thought the same thing, dense and heavy from a muffin mix. could you not do muffins?? and do each one the different flavour with a different decoration? you could turn them into a 'muffin bouquet' or something ?

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 12:47pm
post #3 of 5

awww... yeah i probably could but i don't have space to store about 50 muffins icon_sad.gif have enough for one cake though, a tall one icon_sad.gif

mellee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellee Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 2:32pm
post #4 of 5

Hey Cupcakeshoppe lady! icon_smile.gif Here is a link that makes a cake from a muffin mix: http://www.kitchenlink.com/mf/0/65304 I would think though that maybe adding another egg or two plus some oil would make it more "cakey." What do you think? Here is a recipe from Betty Crocker that DOES add extra eggs and oil. They have a few of them in their recipe section. Just type "muffin mix cake" in the search. http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/recipe.aspx?recipeID=40745&Source=SearchResultPage&terms=muffin%20mix%20cake Hope this helps! icon_smile.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 4:10pm
post #5 of 5

oh yay! Thanks for that link. I'll check it out. Although I'm warming up to the idea of a cupcake bouquet too. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%