Hawaiian Shirt Help Please!

Decorating By CristyInMiami Updated 2 Apr 2009 , 4:45pm by jammjenks

CristyInMiami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyInMiami Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 5:27am
post #1 of 5

I was asked to do a luau shirt but I am a bit stuck on how I should do the hibiscuses. Should I free hand them with buttercream or should I use a cookie cutter. I've seen the pics posted on here and have gotten some great ideas but I still don't know which to use.

If I do use a cookie cutter which do you think will most resemble a hibiscus?

4 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 5

I like to use buttercream as much as I can, so I would probably use that. It really would look good either way. I'm not sure which cutter you would use should you choose to go that route. Maybe someone else could help you there.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 2:24pm
post #3 of 5

did you see my shirt? I piped them randomly, just a 5 petal flower and the stamen. I saw a man wear a shirt just like this the other day, same colours too!

CristyInMiami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyInMiami Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:53pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcakes

did you see my shirt? I piped them randomly, just a 5 petal flower and the stamen. I saw a man wear a shirt just like this the other day, same colours too!

Thats exactly what I wanted! Its great and the lei is even better than the way I was going to do it! Thanks for the inspiration!!

JammJenks- thanks I think I will definitely be using buttercream!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 4:45pm
post #5 of 5

I have a pair of swimming trunks in my photos that have buttercream piped hibiscus flowers. Mine don't look as good as sweetcakes, but they are another example.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%