Nicholas Lodge Gumpaste...where Do I Find It??

Decorating By Normita Updated 3 Apr 2009 , 3:12am by Normita

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:32am
post #1 of 7

I was reading a thread on Nicholas lodge gumpaste and how good it is to work with. I just don't know if this is bought or made?? If I make it....how do I make it...is the recipe on CC?? Please any help and helpful feedback with working with this gumpaste would be helpful icon_smile.gif

6 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 4:09am
post #2 of 7

Here's a link to his recipe:

http://www.nicholaslodge.com/gumpaste.htm

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 4:17am
post #3 of 7

couple years ago.. he had pre-package for sell.. i did not like it..but i love his recipe . it is on his web site..hth

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 7

I love his gumpaste! It's the only one I use. Oh, I make it too icon_razz.gif I use the recipe on his site. It is soooooo easy to make. I'm the first to tell you I'm lazy. If it's easier to buy something than make it, I'm the first to do it. I wouldn't dream of buying gumpaste - it's soooooo quick and easy to make!!!

FYI: I keep about a 1/2-1/4 lb of sugar reserved and mix it in as I see fit.

Normita Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 12:36am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelleb1974

I love his gumpaste! It's the only one I use. Oh, I make it too icon_razz.gif I use the recipe on his site. It is soooooo easy to make. I'm the first to tell you I'm lazy. If it's easier to buy something than make it, I'm the first to do it. I wouldn't dream of buying gumpaste - it's soooooo quick and easy to make!!!

FYI: I keep about a 1/2-1/4 lb of sugar reserved and mix it in as I see fit.

Chelleb1974...just so I can understand correctly. You do not add all of the sugar at once. You reserve about 1/2pnd on the side and just wait and see if you need it?? Or do you add all of the required sugar first, and then have an extra 1/2 pnd on the side just in case icon_confused.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 3:10am
post #6 of 7

His instructions say to reserve one cup of powdered sugar from the 2 pounds the recipe calls for.

Some people, depending on climate, have to use less powdered sugar than what the recipe calls for, so they take out more from the 2 pounds and use only what they need to knead in to get to the desired consistency.

You will not likely have any problems, so just take a cup out of the 2 pounds and proceed with the recipe. icon_smile.gif

Normita Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 3:12am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

His instructions say to reserve one cup of powdered sugar from the 2 pounds the recipe calls for.

Some people, depending on climate, have to use less powdered sugar than what the recipe calls for, so they take out more from the 2 pounds and use only what they need to knead in to get to the desired consistency.

You will not likely have any problems, so just take a cup out of the 2 pounds and proceed with the recipe. icon_smile.gif

Thanks icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%