Agbay Leveler...which One To Buy??

Decorating By Normita Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 10:30pm by peg818

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:30am
post #1 of 9

So, since I have heard the great reviews about the agbay leveler I am going to buy my own icon_smile.gif But, as I am on their website I see that they sell 2 different ones...one that has one blade and the other has two blades. Do you guys know what the difference is besides the extra blade, and which one do you recommend??

8 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 4:18am
post #2 of 9

With the single blade you can either level or torte the cake and if you wanted to do both you would have to adjust the height of the blade. With the double blade you could do both at the same time without having to change the height of the blade. If you do lots of cakes and like to torte the cakes then go for the double blade if not the single will work just fine. Also, depends on how much $ you want to spend. I've been humming and hawwing over this one too. Do I go for the one with all the bells and whistles or just stick with the single blade since I don't torte or make cakes very frequently. Either way it's supposed to be a great product. icon_smile.gif

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:06pm
post #3 of 9

I got the 2 blade one a few weeks ago and I wonder how I ever lived without it! My cakes and tortes are PERFECT! I prefer being able to level and torte at the same time and since I torte both cakes (to get 4 layers) I like that they are all 4 the same size with the 2 blade one.

Again, I can not begin to tell how pleased I am. I am doing my 1st wedding cake since I got the agbay today and I just can't wait to see how nice it will be.

Also, the lady there is really nice....

Julia

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 3:20am
post #4 of 9

I went to their website, and didn't see a price. Am I just overlooking it, or is it not posted? Any idea how much the two-blade model costs? TIA!

Michellers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michellers Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 3:38am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy74

I went to their website, and didn't see a price. Am I just overlooking it, or is it not posted? Any idea how much the two-blade model costs? TIA!

Click on "Order Form" at the top of the main page. The prices are listed there.

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:51pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks, Michellers--got it!

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:32pm
post #7 of 9

If you buy the two blade one and decide you only want to level and not torte - then what? Is it hard to removed one of the blades without losing your fingers?

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:25pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJNZ

If you buy the two blade one and decide you only want to level and not torte - then what? Is it hard to removed one of the blades without losing your fingers?

No, it's super easy. It comes with some protective pipe stuff too. You can actually just cover the blade, and then roll the blade that you don't want, up higher than the blade that you'll be cutting with. That way you don't even have to take it down.

I got the Agbay with 2 blades, because you just never know what you are going to be doing in the future. I thought it was better to make the investment now then to go back and buy a completely new Agbay in a few years. =o) Just my 2 cents.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 10:30pm
post #9 of 9

I have the single blade, it works fine for me. What i do is level all my cakes then go back and torte if its needed. I don't do alot of cakes so i really couldn't justify the extra cost.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%