Butter Cream Transfer On Side Of Cake?

Decorating By taliyahsnana Updated 3 Apr 2009 , 12:57pm by CHoxie

taliyahsnana Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:04am
post #1 of 7

Maybe I will get an answer if I did a better job listing the subject....
Well my question is:
Has anyone ever applied a butter cream transfer onto teh sides of a cake successfully??
Thanks

6 replies
mclaren Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 4:25am
post #2 of 7

i've read on wilton forum that there was a lady who had done this. it was pokemon FBCT on the side of the cake.

mclaren Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 4:35am
post #3 of 7

i've read on wilton forum that there was a lady who had done this. it was pokemon FBCT on the side of the cake.

CHoxie Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:00pm
post #4 of 7

I have used FBCT to make a flap and some pockets on my Coach purse cake [see picture]. If you work fast enough, it will stick. I made mine a little thick, whick helped to keep it frozen longer.

LisaR64 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 10:00pm
post #5 of 7

I've done it, but you have to keep the cake chilled and not let it sit out too long before eating it. Mine held up great for about a 1/2 hour and then the transfer started a slow journey down the side of the cake icon_razz.gif

I've done very small FBCT's on the side of the cake and they were fine even after a couple hours. I guess because they were small they weren't affected as much by gravity.

taliyahsnana Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 1:17am
post #6 of 7

I suspected as much , but was just looking for some confirmation.

Thank You very much.

CHoxie Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 12:57pm
post #7 of 7

I did not have that problem with the slow journey. I kept my cake at room temp.

I did place my cake on an adjustable stand at a slight angle when I applied the FBCT. Let it set there for a half an hour and the BC crusted as expected. Then applied the rest of the details. Also, I rolled my FBCT after it crusted to get the leather look I wanted.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%