Need Help . . . Cream Cheese Fondant!

Decorating By itzjstmoi Updated 14 May 2009 , 4:12am by astronema

itzjstmoi Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 2:50am
post #1 of 4

So I am doing a couple of cakes this week. Have made a handful of cakes, all with MMF. Wanted to try cream cheese fondant, but read horror stories about it & how it's difficult to work with. I've decided to try it out now, but am scared, does anyone have any tips on how to work with this stuff?! Please & thanks!

PS Am also doing a purse 3-d cake, any tips for that?

3 replies
LeanneW Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 4

I have never heard of cream cheese fondant but I have to say it does not sound good. Lorann Oils makes a cheesecake flavoring that you could flavor your mmf with. It doesn't taste like cheesecake or cream cheese to me but other people like it.

I would put cream cheese frosting under your fondant instead of using cream cheese fondant.

Jenthecakelady Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 6:54pm
post #3 of 4

I have used it on a limited basis-just for accents, but I used the recipe post on CC by kansaswolf. I had a couple of questions and she replied very promptly. I'm sure she'd be happy to help. She said she does all of her cakes with it. I think I need a little more practice with it before I cover a whole cake with it. It is a little more sticky and tears a little bit easier than MMF, but it tastes fantastic!!

astronema Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:12am
post #4 of 4

I haven't used or made a cream cheese fondant, but there a grocery store here in st louis that has a chocolate cake that is covered with a cream cheese fondant. It is really good and that is the only cake I buy from a grocery store bakery.

Quote by @%username% on %date%