Magic Line Pans?

Decorating By rushing Updated 2 Apr 2009 , 2:02am by rushing

rushing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rushing Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:33am
post #1 of 7

Sorry if this has been discussed before (as I'm sure it has). I tried doing a search but it wasn't working properly..

I've broken down and have finally decided to get some nice pans. I've heard that Magic Line are the best, but before I spend all that money, I want to see what you all think. Do you have Magic Lines? How straight are the edges of the cake after they're out of the pan? I have a few Wilton pans, and they're not giving me the results that I want (tops seem too rounded to me). Are there better pans out there?

Also, what site would you recommend? I checked out Global Sugar Art, but couldn't find any of the Magic Lines

Thanks in advance for your help thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
kathi2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathi2009 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:41am
post #2 of 7

I just bought some square Magic Line pans a couple of weeks ago, and I really like them. The sides are perfectly straight. I found them at
http://cooksdream.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:44am
post #3 of 7

Yes ma'am I have magic lines and their lines are very straight, now if I can only ice my cakes that straight ha ha ha. When you say the tops are too rounded do you mean the top of the cake? Some people say that magic lines are the best and others say fat daddios but there was a thread about this not too long ago. The company contacted someone and said that the fat daddios are ment to be cooked at a lower temperature. That was the biggest thing that I saw but I really like my magic line and I bake at a lower temperature as well. So some of it is what you want out of the pans. As far as the site to purchase at I know that amazon has them but I believe that you can get them at many different sites. HTH

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:59am
post #4 of 7

I don't have any magic line yet, but I am buying some this week. I have done my homework and searched all over the net, and fondant source.com has them the cheapest of all. If they aren't available, just call Brian(his number is at the bottom of his website), and he will tell you when they'll be available again, and set them aside for you. Plus enter cakecentral at the checkout and get 10% off your entire order!

I DID NOT say TRY GLOBAL SUGAR ART. No offense,but they are way overpriced compared to fondant source. com. I don't know why they block this website, when the owner offers us cc members a discount. That's retarded. Do the cake central owners have stock in globalsugarart or something?

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:59am
post #5 of 7

Ok these are the pans I saw at my local cake shop. She has a lot of these up there. Not too bad on the prices either. I will have to take a trip up there and get the prices compared to the ones online. I think she was cheaper but I will have to recheck.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 2:01am
post #6 of 7

I have magic line pans and the sides are straight. They are also heavy duty and will last a lifetime. I do not recommend tossing them into the dishwasher as they get a bit funky looking it you do. I tossed one of mine in and while it doesn't look as nice as the others it still bakes fine. The square pans require a toothpick or something like that to clean the corners because they are just that sharp. I would recommend them to people who were not interested in decorating because they are very good pans. They bake evenly and if cared for properly they will more than likely be handed down to your grandchildren in perfectly usable condition. For that reason alone they are worth the price.

rushing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rushing Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 2:02am
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone! I'm pretty excited about buying these. Thanks for the site Kathi icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%