Cake Stands And Bow Loop Dryer That I Made Today...

Decorating By turtle3264 Updated 22 Apr 2009 , 10:09pm by Necey

KKristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKristy Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:26pm
post #31 of 37

Oh I just love these ! Thanks for sharing your idea....I'll send it to my tool handy brother...he loves to help me with these kind of things....
....I want one in white, black and PINK !

Your white one turned out great...That cake was beautiful !

chanielisalevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanielisalevy Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 1:29pm
post #32 of 37

I love your ideas!

For someone who doesn't have the PVC cutters, this is what I did -sorry no picture of it! I took a 8" high by 14" square heavy duty carbboard box without a lid - I think I got it at the container store, and cut 4 semi circle notches across 2 of the sides. Then I lay a cut thick wooden dowel across the length of the boxes, so now I have 4 dowels, raised, across to hang drying loops and can raise up one dowel at a time to put on or remove loops.

turtle3264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle3264 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 2:54pm
post #33 of 37

I normally use a cardboard box with notches cut out and a skewer with a straw on it laid across the box top. It worked really well, but I am a sucker for new gadgets. LoL! So I wanted to make this loop dryer. I actually don't even make a lot of bows. I guess that boxes and bows dvd got me excited!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 8:00pm
post #34 of 37

They all look great. And I would never have thought to make a bow loop dryer! I love it!! Thanks!

JulyMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulyMama Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 9:46pm
post #35 of 37

love the cake stands! I will definitely be checking for the round boards next time I'm at Home Depot!
what sizes did you buy?

turtle3264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle3264 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 9:57pm
post #36 of 37

There weren't a lot of sizes to choose from. I think that the one that I put the wedding cake on is 18 inches. The other one is 12 or 14.

Necey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Necey Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 10:09pm
post #37 of 37

I am going to get my DH to make me four of your cake stands. Then I'm gonna spray paint one each with---white, black, silver and gold paint. Ohh, I'm so excited now to get started at them...thanks for sharing , Necey. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%